• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Grand Californian Questions

Buson808

Mouseketeer
Im thinking about using my points for a 1 bedroom Sun-Wed and then the rest of the week Thurs-Sat to rent points for a 1 bedroom. Question is

Possible to combine the 2 reservations?

Will I have to check out on Wednesday?

Am I going to have the same room or will I have to change to a different 1bedroom?

Whos better to rent from
DVC rental store or Davids?

Do I have to bring my own laundry detergent or is it free?

Thanks in advace!

You probably can't combine the reservations since they will have different owner ID's but you should be able to link them so you don't have to move.

I've rented out points through David's and been happy but I haven't tried renting from them.

Some laundry soap I see provided but we usually bring a small zip lock of pods with us. You can buy soap and softener sheets in the laundry room if you run out of what's provided and don't bring your own.

The Grand is often fully booked at 11 months to the day. At least that has been the case for me when trying to rent pts for studios there. One bedrooms are probably easier to get. I like the DVC Rental Store due to their insurance plan.

Linked reservations don't guarantee you won't have to move (ask me how I know). We had to go back through the check-in process, get new room cards, store our luggage with the bell services, etc.

1 bedrooms are somewhat easier than studios, and are often available up to the 7 month mark. If I were you, I'd either rent the full reservation from David's (and then rent out your own points to make up the difference), or, preferably, I'd see about having someone transfer in VGC points so you can make the full reservation yourself.

When we stayed in a 1BR, I do remember having a small amount of laundry supplies provided, but we brought our own anyway. Some members of my family have sensitive skin and we didn't want to gamble with whatever brand they had.

Also if I do get a studio its will be 8 nights and all my points. If I did a 1 bedroom it will be 7 nights all my points + $1700 for rented points.

I don't know what to choose? Im also pretty sure I can book a studio for 8 nights. 100% sure on a 1 bedroom

7 months out and I used my own points.

I clicked about half a second after online opening. Booked 7 nights and called ms to add another night.

A Member friend and I have booked trips together, some nights on my points, some on hers. We call to link them and have never had a problem.

Congrats on getting the reservation. Only thing I saw wrong with your original post was that your first stay is Sun-Wed and he 2nd half would be Wed-Sat, not Thurs-Sat as you had listed. I only noticed because I do that split stay quite a bit

I also always bring some Tide pods with me because we frequently use all the provided little sample of soap they provide, and pods are easy to pack. I have had good luck combining reservations into one reservation (therefore not having to change rooms), but it was always all my own points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter