• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dvc fireworks cruise

TinkB278

DIS Veteran
Hi! I’m sure this has been discussed before but has anyone done the special dvc enchantment fireworks cruise? I’m wondering what it was like and how it is different from the other fireworks cruises? It looks like it is actually more expensive for a party of six than doing the regular fireworks cruise where we would have our own private boat? I called member services and they said it will almost certainly continue to be a thing after the fireworks switch to happily ever after.

Hi! I’m sure this has been discussed before but has anyone done the special dvc enchantment fireworks cruise? I’m wondering what it was like and how it is different from the other fireworks cruises? It looks like it is actually more expensive for a party of six than doing the regular fireworks cruise where we would have our own private boat? I called member services and they said it will almost certainly continue to be a thing after the fireworks switch to happily ever after.
Did you ever do this @TinkB278 ? I was looking for reviews as well. Trying to plan something as a surprise for DH when we head down for our 30th anniversary.

Did you ever do this @TinkB278 ? I was looking for reviews as well. Trying to plan something as a surprise for DH when we head down for our 30th anniversary.
I didn’t! We are hoping to in September although I think I’ll book the regular private fireworks cruise. If you go before me and try it let me know what you think!

We are thinking about doing a private fireworks cruise when we are there in November. It is our 40th anniversary and wanted to do something special to cap off the night. Has anyone done the private fireworks cruise? Is it worth the cost? Is it memorable?

Thank you for the input.

We had a wonderful time on the non-DVC one in March. 6 of us including 6 and 3 year old. Left from GF. Took us out for about an hour before the fireworks. Very interesting history info provided by the driver. Included soft drinks, snacks, and they even provided a fruit plate for my DIL who is gluten free. Well worth it to me. And it was very windy and quite cool on the water that night. Still, all really enjoyed including to 2 boys.

Thank you for the information. Sounds like a great time. Just to need to co-ordinate the California Grill reservation and have a cake on board, perhaps champagne (After all you only have one 40th Wedding Anniversary).

Does anyone know if dvc members get a discount on the regular private fireworks cruises?

We did the DVC Enchantment fireworks cruise in May 2022. The boats have a capacity of 10, so if your party is less than that, there is a possibility you will be paired with another party. We met at the Contemporary boat dock ~1.5 hours prior to the fireworks show. When you check in, you are given champagne or sparkling juice and a little dessert box. Ours had some treats themed to the 50th.

After everyone arrives, you head out with your captain. The boat itself has bottled water and pops you can have. They take you on a little tour around Bay Lake, we caught the Electrical Water Pageant, then lined up outside of Magic Kingdom to watch the fireworks, They have the music playing on speakers in the boat.

It was a really nice experience but you do miss the projection show. If you have a larger party, I think it would be worthwhile to just do a private fireworks cruise. I think it's the same experience minus the reception check in with champagne and the treat box.

IMG_2981.jpg

Thank you!!! If you don’t mind me asking, what’s a typical tip for something like that?
I tipped $100. She was excellent. It was also VERY windy and she did a great job keeping the boat straight for our view of the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter