DVC experts: can you be checked into two resorts simultaneously?

theOCdisney

Mouseketeer
I need the help of all DVC experts. My question is twofold. We are a group of 10 people doing a split stay. We are currently at BWV with 3 rooms. Two rooms at BWV Sunday-Wednesday, one room Sunday-Thursday. We have the regular DDP for each person. At AKV Wednesday-Sunday we have the DxDP for one room only with the intent to share credits. We will have 3 rooms at AKV as well, each for Wednesday-Sunday.

Question 1. On Wednesday I had planned to go to early to AKV and check us in so we can begin using the new credits. (I know that we must use up our existing credits before we can begin to use the new dining plan credits.) Must I check us out of BWV prior to going or can we have active reservations at both resorts?

Question 2. For the room at BWV which is booked from Sunday-Thursday. We did this so that we would not be “homeless” from 11:00-4:00 on transition day. We wanted a guaranteed room where our 2 yr old GD could come and nap. Again, can we have active reservations simultaneously at two resorts? The room at AKV with these guests will not have a dining plan attached to it.

My guess is that because of the magic bands we can not have two rooms simultaneously. Back when we had rooms cards I think this may have been a possibility. One set of cards for one Resort and another set for the other room. Thank you in advance for your wisdom.

You cannot have a single band which has overlapping reservations in multiple rooms. However, you can slightly change the reservations (J Doe instead of John Doe) on one reservation, and get a magic band for each resort. In this way, you can also use up the dining credits from the first band entirely before starting on the second.

Oh dear, you brought a tough one... :faint::laughing:

It’s more than just being booked into two resorts or rooms simultaneously. The problem is you have overlapping packages with the DDP, and that is where things get messy...

First, let’s discuss being booked into 2 rooms at once. I booked DS into 2 AKV rooms last December. Both were room-only with the exact same dates. All 4 of us were booked into a CL studio, and he was the lead guest in a separate studio room. His band worked for his room only. I knew this would happen, so brought one of our extra MB for him to access our room/floor. However, we did not have overlapping reservations with the DDP.

Your issue is that AKV will not be able to activate the DDP if you are still checked into BWV. That is just the way the system works. From split-stay experience, you must be fully checked out of the first resort in order to activate a package at the second resort.

The easiest scenario is to book Wednesday night at BWV as a room-only separately under the spouse who’s name is not listed as the lead guest on the BWV or AKV package reservations (let’s call them spouse #2). This will allow spouse #1 to close out the BWV package and activate AKV properly.

Although spouse #2 is still listed on AKV’s package reservation, their band won’t work until they fully check out at BWV’s front desk and activate it at AKV’s front desk.

HTH

Thank you for your suggestions. I finally was able to talk to someone here who knows what to do. The front desk got operations on the phone and the woman was wonderful. Here is what they will do. They will keep one magic band in each room attached to the first reservation and the rest will go with the new reservation. Then when we have used up all the credits on the original reservation we go to the front desk at AKV and attach those bands to the new reservation. This woman is working tomorrow and said to go to the front desk and she will come out and take care of it.

This will work out well because 1. We have until midnight to use up all the DDP credits form BWV. 2. I don’t need to go over to AKV to check us in. 3. We can use the credits from the new AKV reservation immediately. 4. Best of all, we can have two reservations simultaneously!

We had overlapping reservations a few years ago. We were staying for a week with our kids at the BWV. My husband and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary. Since the kids were 17, 20 and 23 at the time I took some our our points and booked the two of us a night at the Grand Floridian Villas and dinner alone. (Our kids had a ball having dinner and a night without us).
We stayed "checked in" to the Boardwalk. The Grand gave us key to the world cards to use for the room entry and we used our magic bands for the tickets and dining plan. This was in the middle of our stay if that makes a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter