• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Exchange - Trip Report - Contemporary

TnRobin

The prodical child
After the Member's Cruise we stayed 3 nights in a Tower Room at the Contemporary Resort. My DH is celebrating his 40th B-day this year so we splurged.

First and foremost, I would like to compliment the staff. I have to say that it was probably the most "Disney" staff I have had at a resort. Very professional and very pleasant. Even bell service had a little extra something with a mini tour of the resort. I really thought he was going to leave without his tip. It was almost like he wasn't expecting one. Kudos to the staff.

I was lucky enough to get the resort view that I have requested. I was even more lucky to get one of the newly renovated rooms on the 10th floor - room 4628. The new look is awesome. It had a flat screen TV mounted in the wall. The two closets were dark wood with frosted glass panel that were backlit. there was a small cabinet between the closets which contained a small refrigerator. The bathroom was way kewl. Two square and shallow sinks really defined the decore in the bathroom. In a nutshell the Contemporary is once again contemporary.

Bus service is okay. You always share with the Polynesian Resort and sometimes the Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge. That can be a lot of stops when you just want to get back to the room. But service to the Magic Kingdom can't be beat. The monorail is at you service for Magic Kingdom. You are the first stop after a day at the park. Of course that means you will be the first pick-up too, but that can be avoid as the park is a 5 minute walk from the front door.

The pool gets a "ho-hum" from DS. He just wasn't impressed. He said it was okay, but nothing special

We didn't get a chance to use the Water rentals, but it was great to have them available.

But the best thing about our stay was the view. This room had a perfect view of the Magic Kingdom. You can sit on your balcony and watch the fireworks. It is awesome. Also you can see the Water Parade afterwards.

Summary - While I really loved this resort and the view from our room, but it is an expensive use of your points. I do not regret doing it. It was a special occasion. The main plus about this resort is its location to MK, but with a 10 year old, that is not very important to us anymore. If we stay here again, it will probably be in a garden room on cash.

Thanks for the report. CR is one of my favorites. Never had a bad time there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter