DVC direct sales very very low in Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we can use our purchase in various ways to avoid it getting stale.

I am a planner and I have a base of 5 different vacation uses to cycle through in my mind.

If DVD had the power and sway to get get APs offered to DVC owners, believe me, we’d have access, especially if they believe lack of them is impacting sales.

Frustrating as it is, it’s why perks can not be guaranteed because DVD themselves have to rely on others and in this case, DPEP isn’t budging on letting any subset of guests have access.
I'm sick of hearing of how DVD doesn't have power to get AP's for their members and that they can't sway the Parks to allow them. As far as I can see Disney is 1 company and shares in both profits and losses. If the CEO wants it to happen ; it will happen. So blame him. Obviously he and the board of directors can care less about DVC members and what they shell out for passes. He probably figures we suckered them in so they will pay anything. Same reason they did away with Magical Express. But both of these may come back to haunt them later. Offering AP's and ME keeps even DVC members in the Bubble. Now even members are starting to look to travel out of the bubble more often. I have an AP but totaly understand the plight of members who canceled them thinking they could get them at any time and were shut out. Heck I'm staying at the Riv in 2 weeks but have plans to go to Universal for 2 days . Why not I had to rent a car . I might as well use it. Who knows maybe I'll upgrade my tickets to a Universal AP and ditch the DW AP .

I don't think it's unprecedented...anyone remember the 80's? Zero "E Ticket" attractions from when Thunder Mountain opened in 1980 until 1989 when Hollywood Studios opened.
They happened to have opened this in 1982, WDW's biggest expansion ever.

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJjb250ZW50Lmhzd3N0YXRpYy5jb20iLCJrZXkiOiJnaWZcL2VwY290MS5qcGciLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjgyOH19fQ==

But anything significant is going to be a ~3 year project. If that's the case, we're in for a pretty meager 2024 and 2025.

If you're operating 4 theme parks, yeah, you really should be adding at least a couple new attractions every year. Not every one needs to be an "E" ticket--and not all that you listed are.
Clearly insatiable. I can't believe anyone would consider the next two years "meager" when Tron isn't even open yet and Guardians is only 10 months old....

...and for the record, every attraction I listed most certainly is an "E-Ticket". When E-tickets were finally discontinued at Disneyland the likes of It's a Small World, Country Bear Jamboree and the Enchanted Tiki Room were all on the list.

I don't disagree that Disney needs to continue to invest in the guest experience, I just think we all need to have reasonable expectations.

I'm sick of hearing of how DVD doesn't have power to get AP's for their members and that they can't sway the Parks to allow them. As far as I can see Disney is 1 company and shares in both profits and losses. If the CEO wants it to happen ; it will happen. So blame him. Obviously he and the board of directors can care less about DVC members and what they shell out for passes. He probably figures we suckered them in so they will pay anything. Same reason they did away with Magical Express. But both of these may come back to haunt them later. Offering AP's and ME keeps even DVC members in the Bubble. Now even members are starting to look to travel out of the bubble more often. I have an AP but totaly understand the plight of members who canceled them thinking they could get them at any time and were shut out. Heck I'm staying at the Riv in 2 weeks but have plans to go to Universal for 2 days . Why not I had to rent a car . I might as well use it. Who knows maybe I'll upgrade my tickets to a Universal AP and ditch the DW AP .

You may not like to hear it but it is the way the company works. Each division is responsible for making their decisions. Of course, all the decisions eventually are supported by the CEO, but the point is that DVC owners are no more or less important in terms of the AP than any subset of guests. Same with DME....it is not about DVC but everyone.

So, in the end, if DVC sales are sluggish and the AP is seen as a reason they are, then DPEP and DVD would be in agreement to allow them...they are not, which means DPEP and others do not want anyone to have them, which includes DVC, regardless of the sales.

Personally, I do not think that lack of APs is a reason for the current sales numbers to any meaningful degree. I think its more of an issue for those long time owners who have increased the # of points they have bought to go more than once.

New buyers only need to buy 150 points and with that, you are not going to need an AP, as that gets you pretty much a once a year trip.

Last edited:
I think we have hashed this out enough and it has turned into an argument, with too many warnings needing to be issued.

Just use the report button if you feel that a post is in violation and of course, use the ignore feature for any poster you may not want to see posts from....I am closing the thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter