• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC direct on CSR or Disney Visa?

♥ Mandi ♥

Mouseketeer
Looking to buy DVC Direct, contract cost would be about $29,000 of which $15k or so I’d pay off immediately and looking for an interest free option to pay the remainder over 12mos ideally.
I do have a Chase Sapphire Reserve, would the best option be to put the entire $29k on the CSR and do The My Chase Plan for 12 or 24 mos at 0%, pay the $15k cash directly to the card balance immediately and just pay the remaining balance off ASAP interest free? Would I also get the 3% back for travel?

I also have a Disney Visa but I believe that would be 2% and only 6mos 0% APR correct?

Yes, the CSR should give you 3% - DVC codes as Travel for them, so you could pay your dues with it each year and get 3% for them, too!

Re the Disney Visa, the only advantage there is that DVD will allow you to pay for your contract in 4 parts: down payment, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days. Each payment would have its own 6 month 0% repayment period.

I'd post your question on the DVC Purchasing forum too - many people have used the Disney Visa 90-day payment plan (including Sandi the moderator) and others have used the CSR and other rewards CC, so lots of experience to help you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter