Dvc cruise 2024

Does anyone know how DVC early booking works for a regular cruise using cash, not a member cruise or charter? Can I login to my DCL account and book it myself that day, or do I have to call MS? If I have to call MS, would I still be able to later transfer the booking to Costco?

We’ve never cruised with DCL before, although I do have an online account since we had a canceled cruise from 2020. DVC shows up in my account as an “affiliation” but I don’t know if that will allow me to book online directly on Wednesday.

Does anyone know how DVC early booking works for a regular cruise using cash, not a member cruise or charter? Can I login to my DCL account and book it myself that day, or do I have to call MS? If I have to call MS, would I still be able to later transfer the booking to Costco?

We’ve never cruised with DCL before, although I do have an online account since we had a canceled cruise from 2020. DVC shows up in my account as an “affiliation” but I don’t know if that will allow me to book online directly on Wednesday.
You only have to call MS if you want to book using your points.

I've never booked opening day, but I would suspect that as long as your profile recognizes you as DVC, you would probably be able to book online when the DVC early window opens.

Was really looking forward to a member cruise but not sure a European cruise is my style. May sit this one out after all.

Does anyone know when reservations open up ( midnight or 7am Eastern time?) for the DVC European Members cruise?
any idea on cost?

Does anyone know when reservations open up ( midnight or 7am Eastern time?) for the DVC European Members cruise?
any idea on cost?
If I remember correctly, recently the phones didn’t open until 11 AM eastern. I may be remembering wrong…. But I wouldn’t expect to be calling before 9.

curious, are these member cruise only for members with "blue card" benefits (ie: if I only have recent resale am I not able to participate?)

You only have to call MS if you want to book using your points.

I've never booked opening day, but I would suspect that as long as your profile recognizes you as DVC, you would probably be able to book online when the DVC early window opens.
For anyone else that comes across my question... I wasn't able to book online on DVC booking day, and it wasn't a good day for me to wait on hold a long time so I didn't try calling. Luckily I was able to book today on general booking day and got mostly what I wanted.

curious, are these member cruise only for members with "blue card" benefits (ie: if I only have recent resale am I not able to participate?)

correct. It is considered part of the Membership Magic program so you must posess a blue card.

correct. It is considered part of the Membership Magic program so you must posess a blue card.
But an original blue card....We are blue (Y) but after the 1st round which does not let us use points for cruises.....I could be wrong but I dont think we can go on member cruises either,,points or not

But an original blue card....We are blue (Y) but after the 1st round which does not let us use points for cruises.....I could be wrong but I dont think we can go on member cruises either,,points or not
Correct. If your resale points can't be used for the Disney Collection (which includes DCL), you can't book a Member Cruise regardless of payment method.

Does anyone know when the booking information for the member cruises are generally released ?

Does anyone know when the booking information for the member cruises are generally released ?
For this years MC which sails in September, booking started back in July 2022. The point chart came out a week or so prior and cash rates were released (IIRC) on booking day.

I spoke to MS today. They stated the June 2024 member cruise can be booked cash only or with points and points are not required to book. Must qualify for "blue card" benefits though. Not sure if he was mistaken, but if that's the case I will be booking!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter