DVC Confessional

ehh

I'm not all there myself
Done something DVC-related that you're embarrassed or ashamed about? Or maybe it breaks some unwritten rule? Share it here!
(please, no crimes)

I'll start: I've used the majority of my VGC points, 57% to be exact, at resorts other than VGC.

We bought more VGC points than we strictly needed in mid-2019 and then the pandemic struck. By the time we could visit a reopened Disneyland, we had used 687 of our points at other resorts. Though since then, we've only used 67% of our VGC points at VGC, so we're still not being the ideal owners.

Done something DVC-related that you're embarrassed or ashamed about? Or maybe it breaks some unwritten rule? Share it here!
(please, no crimes)

I'll start: I've used the majority of my VGC points, 57% to be exact, at resorts other than VGC.
THANK YOU! You made room for me and I thank you. We live just far enough from DLR to enjoy staying overnight and we've used 100% of our SSR points on the west coast since Covid. Most of our stays were at VGC, one Concierge Collection stay at the Hotel Del Coronado (while VGC remained closed) and one very recent stay at the new VDH.

So my confession, I haven't been back to WDW since 2019. Seems so odd ...

Done something DVC-related that you're embarrassed or ashamed about?
Not embarrassed or ashamed, just doesn’t feel exactly magical…

every time I find myself attempting to walk an AKV value reservation

likely won’t have this struggle

IMG_4077.jpeg
Going forward as have been looking at availability for next fall for several weeks. I don’t even see one single date for their value studios open between now & 11 months.

Not sure if this counts but years ago my dad was trying to be helpful and start the dishwasher in our 2br/OKW villa and he put dish soap in the dishwasher instead of DW soap and the kitchen area filled up with suds and we spent forever cleaning it up. We still talk about that on each trip lol…”don’t let pop near the dishwasher” lol

Not sure if this counts but years ago my dad was trying to be helpful and start the dishwasher in our 2br/OKW villa and he put dish soap in the dishwasher instead of DW soap and the kitchen area filled up with suds and we spent forever cleaning it up. We still talk about that on each trip lol…”don’t let pop near the dishwasher” lol
I read this to DH because I wondered if he would remember. Sure enough, he said, “I did that once!” We were at home…probably 50 years ago! (We’ve been married 55 years.)

I breached the construction tarps at Boulder Ridge when the 2022 refurb was going on. My heart was pounding and all I really got were pics of the new counter tops and bathtubs. I had a non-Disney friend with me and she said "There is something wrong with you.". Two days later SHE got in the spirit and we tried again on another floor. We were immediately tossed out as it was a hard-hat area. Looking back, it was kind of embarrassing but kind of exciting at the same time. We were staying on the 5th floor in a 1 bdrm so we were constantly having to pass by those irresistible floors with all the changes going on. I'm sorry!!!!

I almost forgot about this, because it happened so long ago. Way back when Saratoga Springs was being built, I had this crazy idea that I wanted to see how it was coming. And to make it even more embarrassing if we got caught (IF?), I took my college aged son with me. It was easy to get around the barriers, but not so easy when I saw the Disney Security car in the distance. DS kept saying "Mom, you should leave now" as he sunk lower and lower in the seat next to me. Fortunately, Disney Security just basically said the same thing he did. Now, in the light of day, I realize what an incredible risk I was taking and I was so fortunate nothing did. Security just followed me to the exit, and out I went. So embarrassing and so dumb. Please don't judge me too harshly.

We might have done that with Riviera points and VGF points (before the new conversion).

Also: I've walked reservations before.

I breached the construction tarps at Boulder Ridge when the 2022 refurb was going on. My heart was pounding and all I really got were pics of the new counter tops and bathtubs. I had a non-Disney friend with me and she said "There is something wrong with you.". Two days later SHE got in the spirit and we tried again on another floor. We were immediately tossed out as it was a hard-hat area. Looking back, it was kind of embarrassing but kind of exciting at the same time. We were staying on the 5th floor in a 1 bdrm so we were constantly having to pass by those irresistible floors with all the changes going on. I'm sorry!!!!
I walked right into one of the rooms and was given a tour by one of the construction workers! It was the day after it all started. We were in 4535 and the bedroom/headboard backed up to the room where they started the construction. We we woken up at 8am to the sound of jackhammers nearly coming through the wall. They claimed they thought our room was empty (we had been there for 5N already and had another 5N to go). I took and posted the first pictures here on the DIS, which ended up on a lot of other sites (fine by me). The next day they put up very explicit signs about photography, which I basically ignored. They left the doors open to the rooms when they went on break, so I just kind of wandered in!

We (two adults) once did a three-night “Premium Plan” package in the middle of a nine-night stay (using points at OKW), booking a campsite at rack rate (the cheapest accommodation on the PP) and not even visiting it:

-We had entitlements for four days, nine meals
-We loaded up on tours, water sports, and meals/shows that included tip (HDDR, CRT)
-We did this while Cirque du Soleil was dark (May), and each got $90 Gift Cards
-We ate at mostly Signature places, as the entitlement meal points are for ANY restaurant, regardless of number of points on the regular DDPs
-We used the obligatory MYW 2-day pass to apply the amount to our next DVC AP renewal.

We could've checked out of OKW and into the campsite (or stayed offsite) rather than use our points for those three nights, but we had to draw the line somewhere.

We (two adults) once did a three-night “Premium Plan” package in the middle of a nine-night stay (using points at OKW), booking a campsite at rack rate (the cheapest accommodation on the PP) and not even visiting it:

-We had entitlements for four days, nine meals
-We loaded up on tours, water sports, and meals/shows that included tip (HDDR, CRT)
-We did this while Cirque du Soleil was dark (May), and each got $90 Gift Cards
-We ate at mostly Signature places, as the entitlement meal points are for ANY restaurant, regardless of number of points on the regular DDPs
-We used the obligatory MYW 2-day pass to apply the amount to our next DVC AP renewal.

We could've checked out of OKW and into the campsite (or stayed offsite) rather than use our points for those three nights, but we had to draw the line somewhere.
That's impressive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter