DVC coffee - new resort tba this week..

gscott8075

DVC Owner 2001 -2019
The quarterly meeting is today and the guides expect an announcement at that meeting of the next resort anfter BCV.

BCV will open next fall. VWL will sell out this fall (October). VB and HH will sell out in 10-12 months.

Sense is that the stage is set for BCV to be the beginning of a new expiration - Everything else will be sold out and DVC is hitting the 10 year mark.

Is there anywhere in Vegas that takes bet on what will happen? ;)

PamOKW--I KNOW!!! LOL!!!:) I can't believe all the rumors and posts about this topic....everyone keeps wondering. I can't wait to see how it all works out!! Hope BCV are somewhat affordable...as I would love to do an add-on there! :)

By end of Nov, you should be able to see the structure well along but the site will not be in any condition where they will allow people on it. The insides of the rooms are generally the last thing that gets done other than landscaping.

Diane,

I will be poking around today. I called MS to extend my reservations. I asked the cast member if anything big was announced last night and she said a few things but declined to go into it.

I'll let you know if I find anything out from the guides today.

Do they have a good idea yet of when HH will sell out? We are considering an add-on there, and I would rather go through Disney than purchase a resale. Thanks!

They said VB and HH are 80% sold and they expect both to sell out in 10-12 months.

Both have MB available with a minimum 50 point addon. 100% of points at $10 per point.

Thanks for the quick reply! That gives us a little more time than I thought we had to decide. Actually, I'm already sold, it's DH who is still thinking about it!

MS confirmed that the new location will be at Eagle Pines.

No word on changing the end date or cost structure.

Eagle Pines is one of two golf courses (the other is Osprey Ridge) that play out of the Bonnet Creek Clubhouse, the entrance to which is about 1/2 mile east of the entrance to Fort Wilderness. If you are familiar with Old Key West, you would go out the OKW main gate, take a left and go to the main street, Bonnett Creek Parkway, take a right, go past Port Orleans to the end of the road, take a left onto Vista Blvd, and 1/4 mile down is the entrance to the golf courses on the right. Another 1/4 to half mile down Vista Blvd is the back gate to WDW that you can enter and FW is first resort on right after entering that gate. Eagle Pines is in an area where there is a lot of unused land (except for the courses) owned by Disney.

You can add-on w/ as little as 25pts. I just did a small add-on.:p

drusba gave great directions. (This is a good way to get to WL and MK area from OKW as well).

Here is a map. Sasagoula River is Port Orleans.

Map To Eagle Pines

Here's a picture:

ridge.jpg

JC

Where are all the posts from people who hate OKW (and any resort that might resemble it) and always post how terrible it is staying there because they say it's so dead there and there is nothing to do and it can't hold a candle to BW.

Looks to me that the laid back setting is a more popular setting for new resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter