DVC at Christmas-- VGF or CCV?

Which would you pick for a Christmas stay?

• Grand Floridian

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Copper Creek

Votes: 50 72.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both are really nice at Christmas. All depends on personal preference. For some, the Western lodge feel of Wilderness is Christmas. For others, the elegance of Grand Floridian is Christmas.

One minor thing that would sway me to CCV is staying in the lodge and not having to go outside (even with a walkway). we had a really cold and rainy stay in one December. When soaked/chilled to the bone and back in the resort, the last thing I wanted to do was leave the resort building for food.

Well, we are definitely biased CCV owners, so obviously I pick the Lodge. It's just so homey and gorgeous - like a giant Christmas card come to life. GF is lovely, but it's just not our style and always seems like a zoo with everyone coming over to see the Gingerbread house. Now make no mistake, that gingerbread house is very cool, but for us GF is someplace to go visit from time to time but I'd never want to stay there - especially at Christmas. Different strokes and all that ..

I am usually a GF lover but have to say CC for this one. Copper Creek just feels like where I would want to wake up Christmas morning. I love the decor and the lobby is stunning.
We were there for 4 nights last Dec. and I never felt the lobby get too hectic.
GF is just as beautiful but it feels to me more like going to an old aunts house for Christmas where Im going to have to yell at my kids not to touch anything. And wow, does it get busy in there!

We are spending 2 nights at VGF and 4 nights at CC this Dec. to get the best of both worlds.

I am usually a GF lover but have to say CC for this one. Copper Creek just feels like where I would want to wake up Christmas morning. I love the decor and the lobby is stunning.
We were there for 4 nights last Dec. and I never felt the lobby get too hectic.
GF is just as beautiful but it feels to me more like going to an old aunts house for Christmas where Im going to have to yell at my kids not to touch anything. And wow, does it get busy in there!

We are spending 2 nights at VGF and 4 nights at CC this Dec. to get the best of both worlds.
I can’t wait to hear about this trip. I’ve not been to either resort at Christmas and it’s a bucket list thing for me. The ability to experience both should be amazing!

One thing I encourage you to do is to check the floorplans if you're not familiar with either resort.

The CCV ones are badly laid out, IMO. Not unexpected since the bulk of CCV were hotel rooms.

Of course, if you were thinking celebrating in a CCV Cabin, that would get even my vote. Just gorgeous.

We always like the decorations at the WL better honestly. More of a homey feel. Like previous comments, GF will be very busy during most of the day, which makes it hard to get up to go to the monorail and just more traffic. With little kids in a stroller it just makes it harder to go places.

Well, firstly I own at BRV, so I'm biased...LOL. Second, BRV does have its own lobby that is beautifully decorated with its own tree and garlands and is extra cozy and intimate with the fireplaces and little nooks and sitting areas. With BRV, you get the main lodge decorations AND the BRV lobby decorations.
With CCV, you get the main lodge decorations AND the BRV lobby decorations. :p

I agree with past posters - it really depends on your personal taste. Having grown up in New Hampshire and currently living in Colorado, the whole WL theme - BRV or CCV - is overdone for me, but that's because we have the "real thing." :) That being said, I wouldn't be against staying there or experiencing it, moreso that it doesn't have as much of a "wow" factor to me. For instance, my family thinks WL is a beautiful resort, but we find AKL much more special - mainly because that's "different" and not replicable for us.

Obviously this doesn't help your decision, OP, but just echoing that it really comes down to personal preference. Happy travels!

I love the decor at both resorts but Wilderness Lodge says Christmas to me! We usually stay in studios and the studio with shower at CCV is the room of choice for the two of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter