DVC AP pricing, how long good for?

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
I'm planning to upgrade my 4 day 1 park tickets to an AP, but I got them at undercover tourist so I need to do it in person at the parks end of February.

I know typically WDW has a ticket price increase mid February, will that affect my AP pricing or is that good for the year?

I'm planning to upgrade my 4 day 1 park tickets to an AP, but I got them at undercover tourist so I need to do it in person at the parks end of February.

I know typically WDW has a ticket price increase mid February, will that affect my AP pricing or is that good for the year?
Typically, all of Disney's tickets and annual passes have price increases at the same time. The only recent exception were two AP price increases in 2015 (Feb & Oct) and no AP price increase in Feb 2016. They also changed the pass levels in Oct 2015.

WDW ticket (including annual passes) price history at allears.net: http://allears.net/tix/tixincrease.htm

Typically, all of Disney's tickets and annual passes have price increases at the same time. The only recent exception were two AP price increases in 2015 (Feb & Oct) and no AP price increase in Feb 2016. They also changed the pass levels in Oct 2015.

WDW ticket (including annual passes) price history at allears.net: http://allears.net/tix/tixincrease.htm
Thanks, that does not include the DVC member pricing on passes though or any of the florida resident prices either.

With the dining plan, DVC locks in for the whole year so if there is a mid term increase it doesn't affect members. I was wondering what the deal was with the APs.

Thanks, that does not include the DVC member pricing on passes though or any of the florida resident prices either.

With the dining plan, DVC locks in for the whole year so if there is a mid term increase it doesn't affect members. I was wondering what the deal was with the APs.
The only “DVC” special currently available isn’t for a “DVC” pass, but, rather, we simply have access to the gold pass level. I’d expect any changes in gold pass pricing to affect everyone who qualifies to purchase that pass.

To sum up -

Let's hope that prices do not increase before you arrive to upgrade. The current pricing for DVC annual passes is not "locked in" and there are no special offers for DVC annual passes in effect at this time.

If there is a price increase for annual passes, the DVC (and the Florida resident) passes will also increase. As Michael posted, price increases affect all types of annual passes - at least they have in the past.

To sum up -

Let's hope that prices do not increase before you arrive to upgrade. The current pricing for DVC annual passes is not "locked in" and there are no special offers for DVC annual passes in effect at this time.

If there is a price increase for annual passes, the DVC (and the Florida resident) passes will also increase. As Michael posted, price increases affect all types of annual passes - at least they have in the past.
Thanks. We are arriving on Feb 22nd so my guess is that if there is an increase it will be a couple of days before we get there. which kind of sucks but I can't do this over the phone :(

Thanks. We are arriving on Feb 22nd so my guess is that if there is an increase it will be a couple of days before we get there. which kind of sucks but I can't do this over the phone :(
If you use your passes at least once, then upgrade to the AP, the ticket price should "bridge" to the increased price for the four day ticket (the price that Disney would charge that day), so you should be able to make up somewhat for the difference.

If you use your passes at least once, then upgrade to the AP, the ticket price should "bridge" to the increased price for the four day ticket (the price that Disney would charge that day), so you should be able to make up somewhat for the difference.
Per several CM’s that post here, that is incorrect advice.
Using a ticket for “Bridging” is not needed.
(And may have not ever been needed. I used to repeat the “use before upgrading” too)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/#post-56958170

Now, tickets can be assigned values based on when they are purchased, too.

Last edited:
Considering that the tickets sold now are valid thru December 2018 I'd think their gate value would also increase. Typically it's been relatively similar in increase to AP price increases or sometimes actually more so I'd think you should be fine no matter what happens.

Per several CM’s that post here, that is incorrect advice.
Using a ticket for “Bridging” is not needed.
(And may have not ever been needed. I used to repeat the “use before upgrading” too)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/#post-56958170

Now, tickets can be assigned values based on when they are purchased, too.

Considering that the tickets sold now are valid thru December 2018 I'd think their gate value would also increase. Typically it's been relatively similar in increase to AP price increases or sometimes actually more so I'd think you should be fine no matter what happens.

These are non-expiring tickets so they won't bridge to new value, they are set at the value when I purchased them. So double whammy! So much for me planning ahead :P I would have liked to upgrade to the platinum AP as well but I couldn't do it over the phone because they were purchased at undercover tourist. I had no idea when I bought them how difficult they would be.

These are non-expiring tickets so they won't bridge to new value, they are set at the value when I purchased them. So double whammy! So much for me planning ahead :P I would have liked to upgrade to the platinum AP as well but I couldn't do it over the phone because they were purchased at undercover tourist. I had no idea when I bought them how difficult they would be.

You do still get the price bridged to the gate prices as of last February so not all is lost. But any increases between then and when you upgrade are not going to flow thru.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter