• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC and Disney Dining Plan

richsole

Earning My Ears
Should know the answer to this but I don’t! I’m giving DVC points to my daughter and family for a late June early July trip. Are they eligible to purchase the new dining plan?

TIA

Yes they are eligible, though with DVC the owner has to add the dining plan on for their guests.

There is no way for the guest to add-on DDP through their reservation (unlike cash rooms). Once DDP is added to the reservation by the points owner, then the guests can access the credits.

I'm so glad this topic came up! I gifted my grandson and his bride dvc room for their honeymoon. I purchased the dining plan and I can see it in the reservation I made for him on my DVC site. When he adds the reservation to his MDE, will the dining plan automatically be attached to his reservation or do I need to do anything else?

I'm so glad this topic came up! I gifted my grandson and his bride dvc room for their honeymoon. I purchased the dining plan and I can see it in the reservation I made for him on my DVC site. When he adds the reservation to his MDE, will the dining plan automatically be attached to his reservation or do I need to do anything else?
He doesn't need to do anything, but (unless something has changed) MDE will not show any indication that you purchased a dining plan. They can stop at the front desk after arriving if they want to verify that the dining plan is there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter