• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC 30 year merchandise and a gripe

irazabul

Mouseketeer
I got the email on DVCs 30 year anniversary merchandise. Some pretty cool stuff for sale.

My gripe, and this applies to just about all clothing, is that why is it that the women's t-shirts cost 40% more than the men's. It's the same fabric and uses less material. The manufacturing process with today's technology cannot be any different. As a DH whose family is filled with females, it's appalling to me this this happens all over the place. Can someone please give me a rationale explanation (I tried to ask my DW and DDs, but I get eye rolls, get-over-its and unsatisfactory responses). Seriously, if this happened to a minority group or another defined segment, something would have been done to correct this.

Standard in the industry to charge what the market will bear

Disney thrives on it with most of their Branded general merchandise being pricer than Like mainstream offerings

JMHO when it comes to a tshirt that I’ll be wearing primarily in the parks, I’m good to go with ‘unisex’ sizing. roll up the sleeves & tie off the bottom/wear as tunic of sort over leggings

Parks are one place even a fashionista can relax

IMHO been this way forever for women (maybe why your family did the eye rolls). Showing my age but I can remember when department stores would hem men’s clothing for free but yet if a woman needed to have a hem adjusted on pants or a dress, always a fee $. It doesn’t mean we as women like it, you’re correct it stinks.

Last edited:

So the "market will bear it" meaning women will pay more, or its just the way it is so just accept it. Wow. I know I am closer to one extreme on vanities, but wow.

IMHO been this way forever for women (maybe why your family did the eye rolls). Showing my age but I can remember when department stores would hem men’s clothing for free but yet if a woman needed to have a hem adjusted on pants or a dress, always a fee $. It doesn’t mean we as women like it, you’re correct it’s stinks.

Yep. I worked at Belk in high school and you are exactly right.

Womens clothes in general suck. Price, sizing, and POCKETS!!! Why can't we have real pockets??? Also I currently have pants in sizes 6-12 and they ALL fit me. It's incredibly frustrating. I can buy my DH 15 different brands of pants in a 34 and all but maybe 1 will fit. I have 2 pairs of Levi's jeans, exact same style (525 or whatever) and one is a 8 and one is a 12.

IMHO been this way forever for women (maybe why your family did the eye rolls). Showing my age but I can remember when department stores would hem men’s clothing for free but yet if a woman needed to have a hem adjusted on pants or a dress, always a fee $. It doesn’t mean we as women like it, you’re correct it stinks.
Wish it were the same in my household! I've stopped shopping with my girls - better for us all! 😀

Last edited:
Ahh...the women's clothing battle. Back in the 80's and 90's, sizes were still normal for women. Then in early 2000's it all went down hill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter