DVC 3 Bedroom Villa Showdown

Luvears

Mouseketeer
Dreaming of a 2 night stay in a 3 Bedroom Villa with family friends.
Have you stayed in a 3 Bedroom Villa? What where your experiences like? Can you kindly compare/contrast if you have stayed at more than 1 property? Best views? Room locations? Best value? Please share!

A. Boardwalk

5 single-story (one HA) and two 2-story GVs. All are decent but single stories are much better than the 2-stories. All are in the same location with one of the best views on site, over the boardwalk above the general store, looking out over the lake with the big golf ball at Epcot in the distance. Recommend requesting single-story if you reserve, I consider it one of the best on site. The single-story has a significantly larger combined living room, dining area and kitchen (all open and together in one large room) than the 2-story. It also has a large laundry room near the master bedroom, and the other two bedrooms are at the other end of the unit.

The 2-story is decent but has one serious downside -- there is no laundry room; instead there is a washer/dryer in a small closet at the very end of the upstairs hallway right next to a bedroom where kids will usually be, thus making it impossible to use at night because the w/d is loud and keeps anyone in that bedroom awake. Moreover, the ones who most often do the laundry are those staying in the master bedroom and thus they have to go upstairs to use the w/d and there is no place at the end of the hallway to put anything, like your laundry basket, without blocking the doorway to the bedroom.

As one of the earlier resorts, point cost is reasonable, being signifcantly less than GVs at other near park resorts (Riviera, BLT, VGF and CCV). The BWV GVs are very often unavailable at 7-months out and in fall can, at times, disappear very quickly at 11-months out.

B. AKV

Jambo has 6-single story savanna view GVs, and Kidani 14 savanna view and 2 standard view, all of which are two-story GVs. Jambo is most often not available at 7-months out. Kidani savanna view and even standard are often available at 7-months out except during the high demand fall season.

Point cost is a virtual bargain, more than OKW (the lowest cost GV) , but on the savanna view level close to same price as SSR preferred GVs and less than BWV and the others. Moreover, its two standard view GVs are at a point cost that is just above SSR standard view and those two Kidani standard views are apparently a well-kept secret since they are often open at 7-months out, the rooms are fantastic, and they have Pembe Savanna view.

I consider both the Jambo single-stories and Kidani 2-stories to be among the best, in the same class as BWV single stories. The Jambo GV, for which the best request is Sunset savanna view, though there are no bad views, is huge, has its own separate pool table room, an almost hedonistic master bathroom with a whirlpool tub from which you can watch a TV, and much larger balconies than any other GVs -- semi-circular with a roof. The Kidani GVs have an excellent and practicable design: a large living room, dining room and kitchen area, the living room's ceiling is the second floor ceiling and has almost floor to ceiling viewing windows/doors. Numerous balconies. The fourth bathroom and laundry room are right after you enter the unit, the second floor bedrooms are at the opposite ends of the hallway , each with a bathroom, and then at the top of the stairway there is an alcove with a pull-out queen couch, table, dresser and TV, an excellent addition when you have those who do not necessarily want to double up with others in a bedroom.

Nevertheless, you have one serious risk with the Kidani GVs. A number of the savanna view GVs are the end of the two wings (north and south). Nothing wrong with those rooms or views. And the standards are also not significantly far from the end of the north wing. But the risk is distance. Kidani, from one end to the other, is about 2/3 of a mile long, one of the longest single hotel buildings in the world (and I mean on earth not just WDW). The walk from an end room on the north wing to the bus station on the south wing can easily take 12 to 15 minutes with kids in tow. Not much less to the lobby. If you have a car, parking is excellent in an under-building lot that runs almost throughout the building and with three elevators along each wing, you can usually park fairly close to your room no matter where it is. But the distance from end rooms to lobby is so long that many in that situation actually drive to the lobby when they need to get something at the store or go to the front desk. To avoid the distance you should request a room closer to the main activity parts of the resort, such as a room near the Rafiki elevator (closest to pool and not real far from lobby), or room near the Timon elevator (closest to bus station and not real far from lobby).

C. Others

Have not stayed in but have seen the inside of the BLT GVs (all two-story). Those are very impressive with the floor to ceiling viewing window/doors the living room providing fantastic views. The only downside I could tell with the BLT rooms was merely their higher than BWV and AKV point cost. I have stayed a couple nights in an SSR GV (all two-stories) that was actually reserved by someone else. The room was decent but had three downsides -- only one balcony, which is off the dining room area, the w/d is upstairs, and the downstairs design separates the living room from the kitchen and dining area by a wall, taking away that great room feeling you can get in others. Have also been in a OKW GV although not as the one staying there. Those are nice but one of the upstairs bedrooms has only two full-size rather than queen-size beds, there are no upstairs balconies, and at almost all the buildings you have to walk up a flight of stairs to get to them. Nevertheless, any downsides are easily overlooked for getting what is otherwise a huge, very good room for less than the price of a 2BR at VGF or Riviera.

Last edited:
Not WDW, but the 3br grand villas (beach houses) at Vero Beach are incredible.

Those, and the single story GV’s in AKV Jambo are my favorites, but I have not stayed in all of them.

We stayed in the GV at AKL Jambo last summer and LOVED it. The pool table was a huge hit as was the giant, covered porch. I prefer staying at a MK or Epcot resort and was worried about the distance but this place was perfect! We needed a one story for accommodation needs and it was great.

They also stocked our fridge with sodas and waters at all times, brought a gorgeous bouquet for the table and even a big platter of treats one night.

A. Boardwalk

5 single-story (one HA) and two 2-story GVs. All are decent but single stories are much better than the 2-stories. All are in the same location with one of the best views on site, over the boardwalk above the general store, looking out over the lake with the big golf ball at Epcot in the distance. Recommend requesting single-story if you reserve, I consider it one of the best on site. The single-story has a significantly larger combined living room, dining area and kitchen (all open and together in one large room) than the 2-story. It also has a large laundry room near the master bedroom, and the other two bedrooms are at the other end of the unit.

The 2-story is decent but has one serious downside -- there is no laundry room; instead there is a washer/dryer in a small closet at the very end of the upstairs hallway right next to a bedroom where kids will usually be, thus making it impossible to use at night because the w/d is loud and keeps anyone in that bedroom awake. Moreover, the ones who most often do the laundry are those staying in the master bedroom and thus they have to go upstairs to use the w/d and there is no place at the end of the hallway to put anything, like your laundry basket, without blocking the doorway to the bedroom.

As one of the earlier resorts, point cost is reasonable, being signifcantly less than GVs at other near park resorts (Riviera, BLT, VGF and CCV). The BWV GVs are very often unavailable at 7-months out and in fall can, at times, disappear very quickly at 11-months out.

B. AKV

Jambo has 6-single story savanna view GVs, and Kidani 14 savanna view and 2 standard view, all of which are two-story GVs. Jambo is most often not available at 7-months out. Kidani savanna view and even standard are often available at 7-months out except during the high demand fall season.

Point cost is a virtual bargain, more than OKW (the lowest cost GV) , but on the savanna view level close to same price as SSR preferred GVs and less than BWV and the others. Moreover, its two standard view GVs are at a point cost that is just above SSR standard view and those two Kidani standard views are apparently a well-kept secret since they are often open at 7-months out, the rooms are fantastic, and they have Pembe Savanna view.

I consider both the Jambo single-stories and Kidani 2-stories to be among the best, in the same class as BWV single stories. The Jambo GV, for which the best request is Sunset savanna view, though there are no bad views, is huge, has its own separate pool table room, an almost hedonistic master bathroom with a whirlpool tub from which you can watch a TV, and much larger balconies than any other GVs -- semi-circular with a roof. The Kidani GVs have an excellent and practicable design: a large living room, dining room and kitchen area, the living room's ceiling is the second floor ceiling and has almost floor to ceiling viewing windows/doors. Numerous balconies. The fourth bathroom and laundry room are right after you enter the unit, the second floor bedrooms are at the opposite ends of the hallway , each with a bathroom, and then at the top of the stairway there is an alcove with a pull-out queen couch, table, dresser and TV, an excellent addition when you have those who do not necessarily want to double up with others in a bedroom.

Nevertheless, you have one serious risk with the Kidani GVs. A number of the savanna view GVs are the end of the two wings (north and south). Nothing wrong with those rooms or views. And the standards are also not significantly far from the end of the north wing. But the risk is distance. Kidani, from one end to the other, is about 2/3 of a mile long, one of the longest single hotel buildings in the world (and I mean on earth not just WDW). The walk from an end room on the north wing to the bus station on the south wing can easily take 12 to 15 minutes with kids in tow. Not much less to the lobby. If you have a car, parking is excellent in an under-building lot that runs almost throughout the building and with three elevators along each wing, you can usually park fairly close to your room no matter where it is. But the distance from end rooms to lobby is so long that many in that situation actually drive to the lobby when they need to get something at the store or go to the front desk. To avoid the distance you should request a room closer to the main activity parts of the resort, such as a room near the Rafiki elevator (closest to pool and not real far from lobby), or room near the Timon elevator (closest to bus station and not real far from lobby).

C. Others

Have not stayed in but have seen the inside of the BLT GVs (all two-story). Those are very impressive with the floor to ceiling viewing window/doors the living room providing fantastic views. The only downside I could tell with the BLT rooms was merely their higher than BWV and AKV point cost. I have stayed a couple nights in an SSR GV (all two-stories) that was actually reserved by someone else. The room was decent but had three downsides -- only one balcony, which is off the dining room area, the w/d is upstairs, and the downstairs design separates the living room from the kitchen and dining area by a wall, taking away that great room feeling you can get in others. Have also been in a OKW GV although not as the one staying there. Those are nice but one of the upstairs bedrooms has only two full-size rather than queen-size beds, there are no upstairs balconies, and at almost all the buildings you have to walk up a flight of stairs to get to them. Nevertheless, any downsides are easily overlooked for getting what is otherwise a huge, very good room for less than the price of a 2BR at VGF or Riviera.
Great Insights! You've done your homework! Such a big decision - this is helpful. Thank you for sharing!!

We stayed in the GV at AKL Jambo last summer and LOVED it. The pool table was a huge hit as was the giant, covered porch. I prefer staying at a MK or Epcot resort and was worried about the distance but this place was perfect! We needed a one story for accommodation needs and it was grea
They also stocked our fridge with sodas and waters at all times, brought a gorgeous bouquet for the table and even a big platter of treats one night.
[/QU
Is that the norm to get those things?

Following - as I just got our waitlist. GV at OKW from a 2 bedroom SSR for 3 days over New Year's.
As Halle asked above - are those normal features with a GV? I didn't know AK had a pool table wow !

We have only stayed in Beach Cottages and a GV at Aulani! Those were magnificent!!

A. Boardwalk

B. AKV

C. Others

Why do you recommend the Sunset Savanna view GV?

Why do you recommend the Sunset Savanna view GV?

All at Jambo have decent views, the Sunset GVs are just a bit better animal viewing than at the smaller Uzima savanna, but I do not consider any of them bad. They ones for Sunset also have the advantage of facing west and thus avoiding blinding sun coming in during the morning like you get in the east-facing GVs overlooking Uzima.

All at Jambo have decent views, the Sunset GVs are just a bit better animal viewing than at the smaller Uzima savanna, but I do not consider any of them bad. They ones for Sunset also have the advantage of facing west and thus avoiding blinding sun coming in during the morning like you get in the east-facing GVs overlooking Uzima.
Thank you!

I have only stayed in the GVs at Aulani (I live in Hawaii) & it is outstanding! We actually stayed in a GV that was on the ground floor when the resort first opened, it has since been turned into the Ulu Cafe. It was a great location because we could just walk out to the pools instead of walking toward the center of the resort & taking the elevator to the ground floor.

We've stayed in other GVs since then & all GVs at Aulani single story units at the end caps to both wings on almost every floor & face the ocean. Be advised that the lower floors will have an obstructed ocean view with trees etc (see John Magi's experience on the YouTube channel for Dreams Unlimited), so if you want that grand unobstructed ocean view, request a high floor. The balcony runs from end to end of the building & it's gorgeous to sit there & watch the sunset (if you don't have an obstructed view, see above). Sunrise is from the opposite direction, so you can't really see that from your balcony. The kitchen is huge & the rooms are lovely & all have balcony access. I can't remember where the W/D are located since we didn't use them during our stay. I would recommend choosing the Waianae tower if you are using the parking garage. The Ewa tower is on the complete opposite side of the resort & since the GV is the end cap, it's a mighty long trek after a day of driving around the island.

I have toured the GV at the Riviera Resort during it's grand opening in Dec 2019. Gorgeous & a single story similar layout to the Aulani GVs. I have not had the opportunity to tour other GVs at WDW but those 2 story GV units sound amazing!

3br at HHI are great although currently needing refurb. We stayed last year with DD, her husband, her 2 kids and her MIL plus our DS. Plenty of room for everyone to spread out and room for storage and kids' toys. Kids loved the porch and we enjoyed rocking and reading out there. Kitchen was large enough for multiple cooks.

I do think the GVs at Jambo look amazing! The only thing I don't think I would like about them is the one bedroom that doesn't have a bathroom attached. And what's with that door that closes off the two bedrooms from the rest of the villa? I don't get it. I can see some awkward moments happening due to that layout. My dream is to stay in an AKV GV one day. Not sure if I want to stay in one at Jambo or Kidani. (Thanks, drusba, for the information about the long hallways. That may be enough to make me choose Jambo even with the weird bed/bath layout.)

Last edited:
I think that 'extra door' is to elp with noise if you have kids sleeping in those 2 bedrooms, while the adults are in the living/kitchen areas.

I think that 'extra door' is to elp with noise if you have kids sleeping in those 2 bedrooms, while the adults are in the living/kitchen areas.
Gotcha. That makes sense. I just wish all the bedrooms had attached bathrooms. Then it would be perfect. But I think I would choose Jambo for those unbelievable balconies!

This is very helpful. Does anyone know if you are assigned a HA 3BR, if all the bathrooms have roll-in showers or just one? We have a BWV 3 BR booked and curious at how this would affect who we assign to the rooms. TIA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter