• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Durable flip flops?

la79al

DIS Veteran
DD10 is so rough on shoes. I'm looking for some flip flops or sandals that are super durable. For reference, last summer she had the Teva Mush flip flops like I wear for 6 month every day stretches. She had them destroyed after 3 months of light use. She came to me last week with a destroyed Croc. Suggestions? She wears adult sizes but is my hot kid so won't wear anything more covering than the ugly Crocs and even those are only if she is desperate.

DD10 is so rough on shoes. I'm looking for some flip flops or sandals that are super durable. For reference, last summer she had the Teva Mush flip flops like I wear for 6 month every day stretches. She had them destroyed after 3 months of light use. She came to me last week with a destroyed Croc. Suggestions? She wears adult sizes but is my hot kid so won't wear anything more covering than the ugly Crocs and even those are only if she is desperate.

This is going to sound weird, but it's true. Walmart's Athletic Works flip flops. Go with the comfort or air models, the ones with the memory foam don't last as long and end up ripping at the pads. They're super comfortable and just last and best of all they're cheap.

Ditto Fit Flops. They will last literally YEARS. I have a pair that is over 6 years old and has had hundreds of miles of use. Barely even scuffed bottoms. Plus they have great arch support so you can walk miles in them.

OP-- Not the response you were looking for, but I would take her to and orthopedist and have them assess her gait. I have one daughter who used to ruin shoes around that age and it was because she was scuffing her feet together because she was pointing them inward.

Two of my siblings go through shoes like crazy due to the way they walk/stand (they wear out the soles in specific places). I don't know that everyone's suggestions are going to help much if that's the issue. For example, I have Teva Mush flip flops that have lasted me for years, but my sister will ruin a pair in a month or so.

Agree on olukai. I have had fitflops too but I’m not sure a 10 year old would like them.

Sketchers Reggae sandals.

I've been wearing a pair for probably a decade -- super comfortable too. My daughter's always stealing them, saying, "I'm wearing your ugly sandals, Mom." She's not wrong about being ugly, but they are seriously sturdy.

Last edited:
Uggs makes Sandals. They are as comfortable as their slippers. Love them.

If she is that rough on a pair of shoes..I would look at how she is walking...

Does she pick up her feet when she walk's, or does she scuff along, kinda sliding her feet instead of picking them up?

She might have a issue with the way she walks or it could be just a teenager thing with dragging her feet...

I would not spend hard earned money on expensive shoes that are not going to last... Old navy flip flop, would be the way to go, you can get them sometimes for like a dollar... and get her like several pairs, 10 pairs for 10 bucks... so your not out a alot of money...

Another vote for Rainbows. They last for YEARS. Of course, with a 10 year old whose feet are still growing, it depends how much you want to spend, I guess.

If you can find any of the Chaco with Vibram sole flip flops, they are very sturdy and have great arch support.

After I fractured my foot a couple of years ago, my podiatrist recommended Crocs. I have had them for ~2 years and are holding up well. I wear them daily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter