Dunn's River Falls questions

nikkistevej

DIS Veteran
My family has this booked for our Disney cruise in a few weeks, anyone who has done this excursion, can you answer a few questions, can't seem to find the answers.

1. Do they take pics of you with their cameras? If so, how much to buy?
2. How much are large lockers?
3. I've heard the video is $40, are pictures included with this?

Thanks for any other info for this excursion.

This is one of the nice excursions regarding pictures. They will take pictures with your camera if you'd like. (We had an iPhone in one of those water tight bags) We got lots of pictures of every person in our 9 person group courtesy of the guides who would take our camera to the front of our group and get us going up sections or down slides or whatever. We also bought their CD at the end. It was nicely done, but I don't remember any still pictures in it. We didn't use the lockers so I can't speak about that.

One other thing I'll say is that the guides were very helpful with the guests. My 70+ YO mother was with us, and they took special care to make sure she felt comfortable and able to ascend the falls. Of course, there are also wooden stairs when you can go up next to the falls, see everyone, and still get in at each of the natural pools if you want. My BIL chose this route (didn't feel like getting wet) and he got some great pictures of us, plus he could communicate with us much of the time. If even stairs are too much, there is a paved path from the top to the bottom, so that a person could at least see you begin the ascent, and see you finish.

This is one of the nice excursions regarding pictures. They will take pictures with your camera if you'd like. (We had an iPhone in one of those water tight bags) We got lots of pictures of every person in our 9 person group courtesy of the guides who would take our camera to the front of our group and get us going up sections or down slides or whatever. We also bought their CD at the end. It was nicely done, but I don't remember any still pictures in it. We didn't use the lockers so I can't speak about that.

One other thing I'll say is that the guides were very helpful with the guests. My 70+ YO mother was with us, and they took special care to make sure she felt comfortable and able to ascend the falls. Of course, there are also wooden stairs when you can go up next to the falls, see everyone, and still get in at each of the natural pools if you want. My BIL chose this route (didn't feel like getting wet) and he got some great pictures of us, plus he could communicate with us much of the time. If even stairs are too much, there is a paved path from the top to the bottom, so that a person could at least see you begin the ascent, and see you finish.
Thanks so much for the info!! Do you remember prices? Or was it definitely $40?

My family and I did the Dunns River Falls with Lunch excursion this past May and we LOVED it. The DVD comes with all the pictures they take of you and your family during the walk for $40.
I don't remember lockers being offered but we were allowed to keep our stuff on the bus and they locked the bus while we were doing the excursions so our valuables were safe.

One thing I will "warn" you about is when the walk is over they will sell you the DVD and then there is a vendor who will sell you a printed copy of a group picture of your family taken at the beginning of the walk for $5 but the same picture is on your DVD so you don't really need to buy it.
We had an amazing excursion host that guided us through the vendors at the end of the excursion and only stopped if someone wanted to buy something and she highly recommended paying for the items in front of her at the bus to ensure that you got exactly what you paid for and so that there was no issues which we found was a great idea.
My family and I want to do this excursion again in a few years - Have fun and enjoy the beauty of the Falls :)

Last edited:
My family and I did the Dunns River Falls with Lunch excursion this past May and we LOVED it. The DVD comes with all the pictures they take of you and your family during the walk for $40.
I don't remember lockers being offered but we were allowed to keep our stuff on the bus and they locked the bus while we were doing the excursions so our valuables were safe.

One thing I will "warn" you about is when the walk is over they will sell you the DVD and then there is a vendor who will sell you a printed copy of a group picture of your family taken at the beginning of the walk for $5 but the same picture is on your DVD so you don't really need to buy it.
We had an amazing excursion host that guided us through the vendors at the end of the excursion and only stopped if someone wanted to buy something and she highly recommended paying for the items in front of her at the bus to ensure that you got exactly what you paid for and so that there was no issues which we found was a great idea.
My family and I want to do this excursion again in a few years - Have fun and enjoy the beauty of the Falls :)
Wow, thanks so much for all the info!!! I am going to get the dvd for $40- I guess the pics are on there so we can just print them somehow.

Wow, thanks so much for all the info!!! I am going to get the dvd for $40- I guess the pics are on there so we can just print them somehow.
Your welcome
You can save the pictures from the disk onto your computer or a USB stick and print them off from your computer or send them off to be printed off :)
If you have any more questions I'm more then happy to help :)

We had the same experience with our excursion host. We weren't really bothered by the vendors and there's was nothing anyone in our group wanted to buy but it was a nice offer I thought. We also paid $40 for our DVD. I don't recall still pictures but it was DH who loaded them up onto our computer at home so I can't really be sure. We just left our camera in the bus with the rest of our stuff so that we would be unencumbered so having the DVD was a nice alternative. We were with friends so we split the cost and gave them a copy of the DVD.

We did this in April and loved it! We had done Dunn's river 15 years ago for our honeymoon and wanted to take the kids there. We did not buy the video but I also remember $40. We did buy one picture at the end, they had them printed at the catamaran we took back (assume it would be at the bus if you took the bus). I thought it was $10, but others are saying $5 so I could be wrong. She was no too pushy. We did not have to walk by a lot of vendors since we took a catamaran. They did use our camera to take pictures, but they were not great. It was nice to have some pictures rather than none, I would bring my (waterproof) camera again if we went back.

I recommend not getting a locker. We got the waterproof pouches for our valuables and left the rest of our stuff on the bus. It was locked. Also recommend wearing your swimwear so you don't have to change when you get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter