Dumbo DVD recalled

jrgutknecht

Mouseketeer
I'm curious if anyone knows why the 60th anniversary Dumbo release that was scheduled for today was recalled? Or if this is even true?

I received a call last night from the video store that the copy I had pre-ordered would not be in for a couple weeks. They didn't know why it was recalled, but they were advised not to sell it.

Today I noticed on the Disney site that on one page they are still saying it will be released on October 23rd but on the Disney Store shopping site, it's not available to ship until November 6th.

Do you think this was a marketing decision or a physical problem with the DVD and/or VHS tape? If so - what was the problem?

I love Dumbo and was going to get it tonight. Glad I caught your post. Thank You!

Apparently the problem was limited to a batch of particular DVD's. My store called to tell me they already have a replacement.

Still would love to know what the problem is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter