Dumb question - refillable cups.

dodgy

Earning My Ears
Reading the earlier thread, as a 1st time visitor could someone explain these to me.

How much?
Where from? etc

As I am planning to spend a large part of a week at USF with the kids may save me some dollars.

Thanks

Doug

Sure
They are called souvineer cups and you can buy them at food carts and restaurants in IOA and USF. They range in price from $4.99 +tx to over $8.00 depending what disign you buy. The expensive ones have special lids with 3D characters on them. They all hold 32oz of soda or favorite soft drink.When you first pay the $4.99 you get the cup and 32oz of soda. After that refills are $1.99 +tx ($2.11) Concidering the cost for a 22 oz soda runs about $2.45 you are saving on every refill. They can be bought back everytime you visit and refilled over and over for the $1.99 price in EITHER park. Hope that helps.

If you can find the ugly brown refillable mugs over at IOA (they are usually in the Jurassic park area...usually the pizza place), they are even cheaper than $4.99...the last time I got them, they were under $3...a REAL bargain!!! At that price, I didn't even mind throwing it away and buying another! Refills were $2.11 also and they were just as big. They have the added "bonus" of a map of IOA rolled into it! I don't know if they're doing away with them, but until then, take advantage! :D
Karen

It being the middle of the night here in the UK I was a bit slow in thinking up this follow up -
Can the cups be refilled all around both parks?

plus someone on the UK boards mentioned refillable popcorns containers - know anything about this?

(Gosh I'm sounding like a real cheapskate!)

Did someone say refillable popcorn containers :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: ... !!!

I also would like to find out about that!

Universal has refillible popcorn buckets. They run about $4.50 and can be refilled for $1.49+tx. All these cups (soda and popcorn) can be refilled in BOTH parks, USF and IOA. They really can save you money especially if you go to the parks often.

So the popcorn and cups are both refillable in both parks-but are they refillable in the Hard Rock Hotel???
*BETH*

Is there a cost to refill the mugs at the HRH? When we went to Disney last year, we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and it was free to refill the mug at the restarant there with anything you wanted pop, coffee, fruitjuices what a great perk. You can also bring the same mug back year after year to receive the free refills. Great idea with 3 boys.

I also read on the Portofino Bay site that if you bring a 2001 report card and there are "A's" on it the clild will receive a free refillable mug. Is that true also at Hardrock? Also will they honour Canadian report cards? Is it still in effect for this year?
I will make sure to pack my sons reportcards just in case.

The popcorn sounds like a good idea too.

I believe your soda and popcorn refills are limited to the parks. :smooth:

I saw today in the Cressant Moon Bakery that they have a blue and red type of cup. You buy a large soda and get the cup for free. I think the large soda price is 2.69.

When we were at the HRH last month my daughter brought her report card. We were told that the report card promotion was over.

Patty

This will save me a bundle. I am a SODA drinker! And I love popcorn! I wish I would have known this the last time I was there, oh well! Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter