Duke University will sound The Muslim call to prayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will agree that JC was all about loving one another, but I will disagree that He was all about tolerance. I can't think of anywhere it says He tolerated people worshipping other gods. He was friends with thieves and hookers, but I can't think of anytime He said theft and prostitution are acceptable, nor did He tolerate it. He loved everyone, but didn't falter in what He believed to be truth nor did He shy away from speaking that truth.

Muslim people worship the God of Abraham which happens to be the one and the same God that Jewish people and Christian people worship. Their Quran contains the same stories that the Bible and Torah contain. If you read it you will hear about Adam and Eve, Noah, Moses....all of them. JC said there will be others after him who will spread the Gospel. Some might say Mohammed was one of the people Jesus was referring to. I think education is key to breaking down barriers and dispelling fear. We are all more alike than we are different.

I'm thankful that Franklin Graham is not afraid of PC and speaks the truth.
I'm sure the anti-religious would be up in arms if the school was reciting the Lords Prayer over speakers.
Just a few days ago a statue of a army soldier was removed because it had a cross in it but this is acceptable.
Nativity scenes and the Ten Commandments are removed from places but this is acceptable.
Public prayer at school events are being taken away but this is acceptable.
It seems to me that Christians and Judism are the only religions that atheist & PC wants to always scream separation of church and state to.

Tolerance doesn't mean abandoning your faith, it means allowing others to believe the way they think best. How many Mosques would let Jews or Christians have a service in them? The muslims can have their own mosque and it would be acceptable coming from their mosque. Obviously, this Duke chapel doesn't care about what Jesus Christ thinks but only what man thinks.

It is a very fast fade our country is going through abandoning it's Christian roots that is the reason United States has been blessed.

It seems to me that you have no idea what seperation of Church and State is if you think it applies to Duke. And you clearly missed the part where the article states this is a non-denominational chapel, JC isn't the only one who gets a say in there ;)

I think education is key to breaking down barriers and dispelling fear.

Duke's big donors are probably highly educated and have a pretty good understanding of what the differences between these religions are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter