Duffy the Disney Bear!

Ltl Mermaid

<font color=darkorchid>Spreading Disney Magic with
I just wanted to share my excitment that I just purchased Duffys for my nieces and they are SOOOOO cute! I love the character and hope he is a big success. I went today and there were only 2 people in line for the meet and greet which I was really surprised about, but I guess he is new to a a lot of people so they may not be as excited to meet him!

Well I for one was ecstatic and encourage everyone to visit Duffy when they are at DCA. He is super soft and very photogenic :)

Ok....I'm obviously out of the loop a bit here....who is Duffy? Is he from a new movie or a kids show or something? Off to google, but maybe a picture or two from someone who's been there would be appreciated!

I look forward to visiting with Duffy next month! A kind fellow DISer picked a Duffy up for us when they had the AP event. Do you have fotos to share?

I didn't bring my camera so the only ones are from photopass! Sorry, I wish I had more pics to provide but here is a link from allears.net from Epcot yesterday. Obviously the location is different but Duffy looks mostly the same seemed a bit lighter to me but it could just be the lighting) and is in the same sailor outfit:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwills/2010/10/duffy_the_bear_debuts_in_epcot.html

He is very soft and cuddly!

His storyline is basically this: Minnie made him for Mickey so Mickey wouldn't get lonely while he was traveling. Thus, he has a line of different clothing (mostly international attire) and there are special predressed seasonal Duffys. There are also Duffy snacks. I just had the chocolate cup with chocolate ganache topping and I can attest that it is quite yummy though very rich!

Duffy first became popular at Tokyo DisneySea and just yesterday (the 14th) was introduced at DCA and Epcot, he is HUGELY popular overseas. I have friends who visited Tokyo last year so that is how I knew about Duffy. I think he is a great addition to our domestic parks and has a cute storyline also.

Hope you enjoy meeting him! I know I did!

i visited duffy yesterday and got my duffy bear, HEI IS ADORABLE so soft and cuddly. i swear me getting the duffy bear made my trip, if you want alot of attention from the rest of the charcaters and cast members buy a duffy, because they LOVE him.
its safe to say i'm taking him every trip! i'll be posting tons of photos of him in my TR in my signature:thumbsup2

here's my new duffy on his first adventure!
109_1336.jpg

109_1337.jpg

His storyline is basically this: Minnie made him for Mickey so Mickey wouldn't get lonely while he was traveling. Thus, he has a line of different clothing (mostly international attire) and there are special predressed seasonal Duffys. There are also Duffy snacks. I just had the chocolate cup with chocolate ganache topping and I can attest that it is quite yummy though very rich!

Duffy first became popular at Tokyo DisneySea and just yesterday (the 14th) was introduced at DCA and Epcot, he is HUGELY popular overseas. I have friends who visited Tokyo last year so that is how I knew about Duffy. I think he is a great addition to our domestic parks and has a cute storyline also.

Hope you enjoy meeting him! I know I did!

Thank you for sharing this story! I did see another thread about him not too long ago, but I don't remember this story.

Too bad we just got back from our Halloween trip last week - guess I'll have to pick up Duffy next year! He's so cute - especially now that I know who he is! :goodvibes

Where is the MnG in DCA? I noticed that there is already a few Duffy enhancements on the disneyphotopass.com website. We are going tomorrow for our last visit before our AP expire. Maybe we can get a few pix with Duffy. That is if DD11 will pose with a character!:confused3

He looks just like "My Disney Bear" that's been sold for awhile, albeit in a turquoise sleeper. He's been sold onboard the Disney Ships also with a dated DCL t-shirt. I'm not sure if he's bigger though, but I love the idea of separate outfits for purchase!---Kathy

Must. Have. Bear.

This is the first thing I'm buying when we arrive next week. Your pics are so cute Jasmine!

He looks just like "My Disney Bear" that's been sold for awhile, albeit in a turquoise sleeper. He's been sold onboard the Disney Ships also with a dated DCL t-shirt. I'm not sure if he's bigger though, but I love the idea of separate outfits for purchase!---Kathy

It's no coincidence. Duffy was first introduced in the U.S. as "My Disney Bear". This is a relaunch under the original brand as introduced at Tokyo Disney Resort.

Despite that, I can't help but think it's going to be quite popular. I just learned about him a few weeks ago and I'm already enamoured (enough to have spent a slightly embarassing portion of my paycheque on him). He's just too cute! :rotfl:

yup every Duffy ever made has already been shipped and they're expected to run out by next week!

i don't know when the next shipment will be?:confused3

yup every Duffy ever made has already been shipped and they're expected to run out by next week!

i don't know when the next shipment will be?:confused3

I really hope they've got some when I'm there at the end of the month - I really want one and being UK based, I don't get the chance to visit very often (plus they've not reached DLP yet) :sad2:

I was "walking with purpose" :rotfl2: at rope drop to TSMM this morning and walked past this meet and greet area... One of the kids with me asked what the area was and for whom and I told her I didn't know, "I guess some bear". The girl next to me looked absolutely disgusted that I didn't know what bear it was and she informed me that it's "Mickeys bear, helllloooo" :rotfl:

Apparently I should read the Dis before I enter the park each day! :rotfl2:

I was "walking with purpose" :rotfl2: at rope drop to TSMM this morning and walked past this meet and greet area... One of the kids with me asked what the area was and for whom and I told her I didn't know, "I guess some bear". The girl next to me looked absolutely disgusted that I didn't know what bear it was and she informed me that it's "Mickeys bear, helllloooo" :rotfl:

Apparently I should read the Dis before I enter the park each day! :rotfl2:

I didn't know about Duffy either before reading about him here after we were there Thursday. You should get some photos with him. He is pretty cute and they have 2 Duffy borders on the PhotoCD website you can add. Can't wait to see your pictures! Hope you are having fun in the rain!:laughing:

Is Duffy still available any place in DLR? DW saw him for the first time on the Christmas parade and is now enamored. We're headed there in a couple of weeks for a milestone birthday (one that ends on "0"), so finding him would make the trip extra special. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter