Duffy has his boarding pass for the last voyage to Endor

Jonjo

Mouseketeer
I’m excited to announce that Duffy and I have boarding passes for the last Star Tours voyage to the forest moon of Endor on the Starspeeder 3000s before their retirement.

img_5999.jpg

Duffy and I will be attending the exclusive Shareholders after hours Star Tours Closing Ceremony evening at Disneyland Paris on 16 March and you will be able to follow us live from the event on our Salon Mickey Twitter feed and Facebook page.

star-tours-gallery01.jpg

The iconic Star Tours attraction in Discoveryland will close for twelve months at midnight on 16 March 2016 when the attraction will be refurbished under the Disneyland Paris Experience Enhancement Programme with the all new and upgraded Starspeeder 1000s which will take Guests on exciting new voyages to alien worlds like Naboo and Coruscant.

The upgraded Star Tours attraction is scheduled to reopen in March 2017.

You are so lucky....We will arrive on March 20th. :guilty:

Have fun and please wave good-bye from me.

tumblr_mbjzd2yCLj1riz8uqo1_500.gif

I did my last trip to Endor last week. I am soo excited for the new upgrade. Having been on the new 3D version in California, it was so obvious how dated and tired the old one really is.

You are so lucky....We will arrive on March 20th. :guilty:

Have fun and please wave good-bye from me.

tumblr_mbjzd2yCLj1riz8uqo1_500.gif

Ditto! Although I did see a rumour on Twitter about it staying open until the 20th, but I think that's come to nothing! :sad:

Have a fabulous evening!

C x

Ahhh I'd LOVE to go! However, I can't really leave 2 children on their own so I can go :sad:.

Jonjo and Steve - hope you have an amazing time! Please come back and tell us about it :worship:.

Guys - where are you staying? Was there an accommodation offer with this as I can't see one? I would only want one night on 16th but as I'd be on my own, I'd want to stay onsite as I'd feel more secure. I'm asking purely for research purposes you understand!.

There was no accommodation offer. A few of us are doubling up in Hotel New York.

Now I just want the snow to go - this is not my idea of fun:

Hmm it looks nice and wintery Steve! Unusual for there to be no accom offer though.

I definitely can't make it as it looks like I am at work on 16th and maybe 17th, so even if I could have organised childcare (unlikely!), I still can't go. Flights are ridiculous prices for just an overnighter too. I'll just have to settle for seeing all your photos instead :rolleyes1.

If it had been a couple of days earlier I could have gone but back at work the 17th so can't make it. Enjoy

Thanks peoples.

The snow will all be gone and there will be sunny and warm days. That IS what will happen - its is it is it is! (please!)

Aww I am so vexed and jealous that I am missing out on this :[ Was it open to all shareholders? Jealousy aside I hope you both have a wonderful time, and come back and tell us all about it :] I never seem to get any notifications from the shareholder's club any more??? K

Yes bonhoga - it was open to all SH - an email came through about it, can't recall when - early last week perhaps? If you aren't receiving emails (and they aren't in your junk folder), I'd get in touch with the SH Club and enquire about it as you should get invitations to meetings etc. I am hoping that they may do something for us SHs for the 25th next year - I doubt it, but you live in hope! It would be a shame to miss out if they do something and you could have been there. I was lucky enough to qualify for the VIP FPs a good few years ago that were issued to SH - it was lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter