Dueling ghosts effect down on Haunted Mansion?

As with many rides, It's likely just a temporary thing. Often on rides certain elements will be working one day and not the next (I'm looking at you Splash Mountain). I'd imagine this was just a hiccup, albeit one that may pop up more than it should.

It was working in early Feb because DH pointed it out to me. I've been on the ride dozens of times and never noticed it before.

I’ve noticed before in that scene certain elements seem to be randomly off. The people on the chandelier once weren’t working and the hitch hiking ghosts have been off a few times as well. I think it’s one of those rides with so many moving elements they must have to take things off line on occasion to do repairs.
Slightly off topic but we got stuck once just as you are going to get off where the bride says “hurry back” let’s just say after what felt like a very long time of hearing that over and over it was the last thing we wanted to do

As with many rides, It's likely just a temporary thing. Often on rides certain elements will be working one day and not the next (I'm looking at you Splash Mountain). I'd imagine this was just a hiccup, albeit one that may pop up more than it should.
This one made me chuckle. There is always some element of Splash Mountain that isn’t working! For the longest time it was the jumping water in the Laughing Place, then the water cannons. Last time it was the the hopping Brer Rabbit.

Went on the ride twice last week, no dueling both times.

I figured they'd taken it out deliberately because it was viewed as being too violent to show people, even ghosts, shooting at each other.

There was also no narration for a few minutes leading up to the seance room.

Slightly off topic but we got stuck once just as you are going to get off where the bride says “hurry back” let’s just say after what felt like a very long time of hearing that over and over it was the last thing we wanted to do

We got stuck in front of the chandelier hallway one time. It was a really hot day outside so I was quite happy to sit there and take in the massive breeze that flows in that area. It was really nice.

They were down the last week of April/First week of May when we were there. Hubby and I were disappointed because it's one of our fave effects.

Perhaps they're taking it out quietly, though if it's due to violence then the whole ride would need to be reworked, lol. But the other violence is implied, while this one is rather direct.

I seem to always get stuck next to the knocking doors. Never in a good spot. Ugh!
That must’ve happened to me as a kid because for years I had a recurring nightmare of those doors bulging and knocking!!! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter