DuckTales Characters

jsbowl16

DIS Veteran
With the new series starting this summer, what are the chances that they bring out Scrooge McDuck and maybe even Launchpad to do a M&G? It seems like it would be another good M&G to get some more people to Hollywood Studios and I would love to meet both of them. I know that Scrooge is out for one of the parties but my wife is a teacher so we can only go to Disney in the summer.

Fingers crossed.

DS did meet Launchpad a year or so ago. We were at DHS and he saw a tweet he was at POR. He ran to front of park, hopped on bus to POR, met him and came back ... all in an hour. He had me watching trailer today and if they bring out characters .... he's a goner.

The trailer for the new series looks pretty good! Hearing the song again just gives me chills. I hope to see some representation in the parks.

Disney Afternoon Forever!

I actually met Launchpad last Nov. in Epcot, over by the American pavilion where they do the character training sometimes. Maybe getting ready for a future M&G? :)

I think it would be great to see that many men in their late twenties and early to mid thirties in line to meet characters. This is coming from a mid thirties male.

My 12 YO son would lining up behind you! He's always loved DuckTales!

We met Launchpad at the DVC party in AK last September. There was hardly a line for him. I was really surprised.

My kids met Launchpad and Max on Wednesday in Epcot. They swung the doors open near the World ShowPlace Events Pavilion and had four character meets - I assume characters in training. Anyway...Max, Launchpad, Eyeore, and Donald were meeting. The character handler to Launchpad mentioned the series was coming back out so I assumed he was indicating that the characters would be out more.

Very soon after we entered the doors were closed again and only about 20 families remained to meet the characters...not sure how long they were opened before we got there but lines were super short, leading me to believe that not many people had the chance.

My kids met Launchpad and Max on Wednesday in Epcot. They swung the doors open near the World ShowPlace Events Pavilion and had four character meets - I assume characters in training. Anyway...Max, Launchpad, Eyeore, and Donald were meeting. The character handler to Launchpad mentioned the series was coming back out so I assumed he was indicating that the characters would be out more.

Very soon after we entered the doors were closed again and only about 20 families remained to meet the characters...not sure how long they were opened before we got there but lines were super short, leading me to believe that not many people had the chance.

We love it when the characters in training are out, the interactions are one of the best in the park. We have met many wonderful characters in that very spot (Captain Hook and Smee were the best). When we walk by that area of WS, DH is always checking to see if the doors are opened....DH is a sucker for rare characters that come out, especially when they are doing characters in training :goodvibes.

Don't know if anyone remembers or saw this show when it was in Toontown and included the whole gang. Now one time we saw it they asked for a child from audience to come up and DS was selected. He was about 3 1/2. He got to throw some bean bags or something (I think I have a video) and Roger Rabbit came out. He was BESIDES HIMSELF and still remembers. They gave him a ball cap with a big stuffed Roger Rabbit stitched to it and a huge night shirt that is for adults. Still have them. They said during parade to put on hat and wave to Roger so he sees you as you only get that hat being in show. He did. Whole thing one of his favorite experiences.

Front and Back of Nightshirt and the stuffed part of hat -

CCC53EF2-F38F-4305-80C2-120E6519C816.jpg

1D6322C7-1FE4-4626-B87C-AF9E0B5ECC93.jpg

146B66DA-ABAB-4210-B9D3-7050C9BFAECE.jpg

Omg I love Duck Tales and Scrooge McDuck. I hope they will have them out for M&G to do some PR for the show. I'm going in May this year so will probably miss them if they do but a girl can hope!!

With the premiere coming on August 12, we are hoping our August 15-26 trip will yield a session with the #1 Dime!

<-- HUGE Scrooge McDuck fan.

With the new show I hope Huey, Dewey and Louie come back to the parks for M&G, maybe Giro as well. I'd love to have Scrooge available to meet all year long and not just during MVMCP.

Don't know if anyone remembers or saw this show when it was in Toontown and included the whole gang. Now one time we saw it they asked for a child from audience to come up and DS was selected. He was about 3 1/2. He got to throw some bean bags or something (I think I have a video) and Roger Rabbit came out. He was BESIDES HIMSELF and still remembers. They gave him a ball cap with a big stuffed Roger Rabbit stitched to it and a huge night shirt that is for adults. Still have them. They said during parade to put on hat and wave to Roger so he sees you as you only get that hat being in show. He did. Whole thing one of his favorite experiences.

Front and Back of Nightshirt and the stuffed part of hat -

CCC53EF2-F38F-4305-80C2-120E6519C816.jpg

1D6322C7-1FE4-4626-B87C-AF9E0B5ECC93.jpg

146B66DA-ABAB-4210-B9D3-7050C9BFAECE.jpg

That Disney Afternoon show in Mickey's Starland was running during my first trip as a kid, I remember it fondly! Scrooge McDuck was also part of the castle show at the time, even though I don't remember many details about it outside of that.

Also, holy crap is that a stuffed Mr. Toad next to Roger? They don't still sell those anywhere, do they? I legit forgot to look for one last time I was in Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter