DU TA no longer responding?

I wonder is your TA is dealing with the recent release of the 2018 WDW packages. I know a lot of the team is slammed with that. Also, with the recent brokeness of the WDW reservation system, that may have been causing your TA to do more work.

I wonder is your TA is dealing with the recent release of the 2018 WDW packages. I know a lot of the team is slammed with that. Also, with the recent brokeness of the WDW reservation system, that may have been causing your TA to do more work.
That's very true. I know they're probably swamped but yeah, this has been prior to today.

Also I think she may be on this board, or someone saw this and sent out messages, cause I magically have a response now.

That's very true. I know they're probably swamped but yeah, this has been prior to today.

Also I think she may be on this board, or someone saw this and sent out messages, cause I magically have a response now.
I don't use DU, but your experience is typical. Anyone I've seen who has posted here about frustration with the company gets pretty immediate service.

Thanks to all who have responded to this thread on my behalf.

@LullabeeDisney please write to me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will be happy to assist you further. Even if your agent has responded to your email I encourage you to write to me so I can find out what happened/why your original email was not replied to in a timely manner and do my best to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks to all who have responded to this thread on my behalf.

@LullabeeDisney please write to me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will be happy to assist you further. Even if your agent has responded to your email I encourage you to write to me so I can find out what happened/why your original email was not replied to in a timely manner and do my best to ensure it doesn't happen again.
Hi John, I sent you an email. I included my username in the header so youd know it wasn't spam lol.

Not sure what happened, but I know this forum is tied in heavily with them, so maybe I can get an answer here.

Basically, the TA answered me promptly, all my questions etc... until I made the deposit. I emailed her again after I did the deposit (had to call Disney myself since I was using a DVA to pay), but all I got was the generic "THANKS FOR USING US!" email.

I emailed again, a request for our group/asking general questions of how DU handles thing.

Nada. And I'm not talking "she hasn't emailed me in 24 hours!" thing. I emailed over a week ago. I understand we are not her top priority - we have a long ways to go - but isn't that the whole point of a TA? For questions?

She was just SO hands on when she was trying to make the sale, now it's like we don't exist.
I tried calling them yesterday and was a little surprised nobody was available to answer my phone call. Booking or transferring a reservation shouldn't take days.

Good to know, thanks. I don't require much from a TA but to be able to speak to me is one thing I do.

Not sure what happened, but I know this forum is tied in heavily with them, so maybe I can get an answer here.

Basically, the TA answered me promptly, all my questions etc... until I made the deposit. I emailed her again after I did the deposit (had to call Disney myself since I was using a DVA to pay), but all I got was the generic "THANKS FOR USING US!" email.

I emailed again, a request for our group/asking general questions of how DU handles thing.

Nada. And I'm not talking "she hasn't emailed me in 24 hours!" thing. I emailed over a week ago. I understand we are not her top priority - we have a long ways to go - but isn't that the whole point of a TA? For questions?

She was just SO hands on when she was trying to make the sale, now it's like we don't exist.

I had the exact same issue the first and only time I used DU. Great communication at first, but once the cruise was booked, there were multiple occasions of non-responsiveness. Like you, I'm not talking 24-48 hours; I'm talking 10 days to two weeks. Worse, the agent would agree to call back within a few days, and two weeks would go by with nothing but crickets.

Eventually, I had to ask for somebody else. The original TA was apologetic, stating that she might have taken on more clients than she could properly manage at the time, and transferred me to a co-worker without fuss. After that, everything was fine.

I eventually had the opportunity to exchange e-mails with @WebmasterJohn about the experience, and he was a total class-act about it. Both a true gentleman and a true professional.

Last edited:
OP, you are not alone. I had this happen when I used DU in 2012. Once I paid, I couldn't get a response from my TA either. I booked our cruise only 1 month out - and it was my first DCL cruise- and I had SO many questions. I resorted to simply picking up the phone and speaking with DCL to get some things taken care of and used these boards a lot for reference. That was my first DCL cruise and I've never used a TA for any of my other DCL cruises because of that very reason. Very disappointing and unprofessional.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter