• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DU Gift Baskets?

DLgeeks

Mouseketeer
Does Dreams Unlimited still do gift baskets pre-cruise these days? I feel like we got them for our last two several weeks to a month out, but this time we cruise in a little over a week and haven't seen anything. Not a huge deal if they don't, it's always just such a nice little treat!

We cruise in about 40 days and I haven't gotten anything. We also used them for our previous cruise and did not get a gift basket then either. Maybe it depends on how much your cruise costs or where you live if you get a basket. :confused3

Does Dreams Unlimited still do gift baskets pre-cruise these days? I feel like we got them for our last two several weeks to a month out, but this time we cruise in a little over a week and haven't seen anything. Not a huge deal if they don't, it's always just such a nice little treat!

Have received one for every cruise we have booked through them. We do live in the USA and receive them before the cruise.

I think I saw something that they only do them for cruises leaving out of PC. We received ours a couple weeks before our cruise this past December.

I think I saw something that they only do them for cruises leaving out of PC. We received ours a couple weeks before our cruise this past December.
We are cruising out of PC this time, and we do live in the US - I thought now that they mail them out they do them for all of the ports, I know when we did Alaska out of Vancouver we got one. It's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, it was always just a nice little surprise!

Dreams Unlimited Travel sends gift bags to all of our Disney Cruise Line clients regardless of sailing date or departure port. These are being mailed directly to our clients in the US and Canada. At this time we cannot mail them outside of the US or Canada but arrangements can be made to either pick them up at our Welcome Center or have them delivered to a Disney hotel if you are staying pre-cruise.

If you have not received your gift bag and feel it's taking too long, or if you have general questions about your gift bag, please email your DU agent directly and he/she can look into it further.

For more information on our Welcome Center and Gift Bags please check out this video:

We received our gift bag a couple of weeks before we cruised. What a nice gesture from Dreams Unlimited, great service plus a lagniappe (additional little something)! I was hoping for luggage tags (since that is something I needed) but the bag was packed with fun items such as cups, magnets, etc.

Kate

I got mine a couple weeks before we sailed. We were cruising out of San Juan, last month

We got ours just got ours about 4 wks out, not expected but much appreciated.

Do you receive one basket per stateroom? We will be a party of 8, with three staterooms and home addresses between us.

I’ve always gotten mine. I leave in 4 weeks and noticed on my usps account I’ve got 2 heading my way....one for each of our cabins. Heck even when I do b2b cruises, I get 2 of them. When I checked my usps account I knew they were from DU because they’re from cape canaveral. When my mailman delivers them she will say “another cruise”? Op sounds like a mix up and you need to email your TA.

I’ve always gotten mine. I leave in 4 weeks and noticed on my usps account I’ve got 2 heading my way....one for each of our cabins. Heck even when I do b2b cruises, I get 2 of them. When I checked my usps account I knew they were from DU because they’re from cape canaveral. When my mailman delivers them she will say “another cruise”? Op sounds like a mix up and you need to email your TA.
I did finally end up emailing my TA, mostly out of curiosity, and it looks like they had sent it, just to an old address and it was never forwarded. They offered to have one at the welcome center for us to pick up in PC, but we weren't in a situation where we could stop on the way. No biggie, hopefully whoever ended up with the basket enjoyed it - we still had a great cruise!

We didn't get ours for our cruise at the end of August. Wasn't a big deal as we've received a couple from previous cruises already. Someone in the FB group for the cruise - who obviously also uses DU - posted a picture of their basket the day they received it about a month before our sail date. Problem was, we had just left that morning (it was a Saturday) for a few nights away in Lake George. So we assume it sat on our front stoop (never a good thing in NYC) for a day or two and then someone walked off with it before we got back. It would be nice, but it's probably too much additional work, for the agents to notify you ahead of time (perhaps a week or two) to let you know when it's scheduled to arrive. This way if you're not going to be home, you can either ask to change the delivery date or at least arrange to have a friend/relative/neighbor take it for you.

Sounds like everyone sorted out the missing packages. Wondered if you know you can sign up with USPS to see what’s coming. It’s a section called USPS Informed. You can set it up and I get an email if I’m getting mail and it’s a scan of my mail. Plus you can log in to see packages that are heading your way. It shows when it’s delivered and where (like front porch, or parcel locker, or is available for pickup at the PO). I would assume everyone can sign up and use it because I live in a small town in WV and I’ve used it for over a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter