• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DTD parking

KorbensMomma

Mouseketeer
What part if the DTD parking lot is closed?

I know they are remodeling/rethemeing DTD, are they doing the whole place at once or starting at one side and working around?

We are staying at Pop and want to go to Trex and Goofy Candy Co, we have a car but have heard parking is bad is it better to drive or use the bus?

Our trip is Feb 3-7th.

I heard they are running trams during the holidays but haven't heard about other times.

It can be a mess. The lot that is closed is in the middle, sortta by Planet Hollywood. The best place to park is by Cirque du Soleil. If you are on property, it is your first entrance anyway. Do not come by I Drive, because you then have to drive past all DTD entrances.

Like the link said, go in the entrance opposite Typhoon Lagoon. There is a lot behind the Cirque du Soleil building that is not all that well known as well. I parked last Thursday down there with no problem. Unfortunately, that is still a long walk (or wait for a boat) to get to the other side if you are shopping.

They are offering parking by the Team Disney building too. Many people walk from there or there are buses during busier times. IMO it really isn't much worse than before because it was always a mess trying to get there at night.

Since you are staying at PopC, your best bet would be to use the buses.

. . . I know they are remodeling/rethemeing DTD, are they doing the whole place at once or starting at one side and working around? . . .

1) Basically, between DTD and Buena Vista is torn up.
2) Most available parking is only behind Cirque.
3) And, there is not that many spots for the DTD crowds.
4) As you suspected, TAKE THE BUS AND ELIMINATE THE FUSS.

It's such a HUGE spread out parking lot that chances are...you're going to have to walk. This past trip during Spring Break, it was jam packed and we did some walking. Good news is, the pool bar was open at our resort and we had a few drinks. It's all good at DW ;)

was just there this past weekend and parking and driving near that area was a mad house .... if you are staying at POP, just use the bus ... it's a 10 minute ride at most!

Well I was planning on driving until I remembered the parking issues. Well at least if we take the bus I get to have a fancy smancy adult drink.

2 weeks ago we parked in the Marketplace lot with no problems. The parking lots will indicate whether full or not at the traffic light out front of it, but that doesn't always tell you the whole story. We had a dinner ressie at T-Rex at 6pm on a Thursday night, so we left our resort on I-drive plenty early cause I had heard parking was a mess. To our surprise, we drove into the Marketplace lot (last one), circled once and found someone pulling out. There were several other spots opening up the same way. It's very close to Goofy's Candy Co. and not too far from T-Rex. We left about 9pm and there were lots of open spaces at that time.

Weekends though, :scared1: Yeah, there's a reason we planned our DTD evening when we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter