DTD Hotels

OHIOVACATIONER

DIS Veteran
So reading through threads I am getting quite confused. If I am exiting the Market place at DTD looking at the hotels across the street can you tell me what the line up of hotels are. Reading posts sounds like the Hilton is first and closet to DTD. What would be the second closest? Sounds like Holiday Inn is almost the farthest away? Looking at possibly Lake Buena Vista Palace. Thank you

I'm going to move this over to the Orlando Hotels board, where DTD hotels and other offsite accommodations are discussed.

Before you do Moderator I would like to point out to everyone

that Downtown Disney is in a mess with roadworks .

Pedestrian Access is getting " Difficult " with walkways closed.

I've stayed at both the Hilton and Buena Vista Palace. While a bit of a walk, they are both pretty convenient. And, the DTD blue shuttle buses are pretty reliable for direct transportation. You can find good deals on a variety of sites. (Just remember the resort fees charged when you are calculating the amounts.)

So the blue DTD buses pick you up at the hotel and go directly to the park of your choice? I know there is also a Magical Express bus stop right by SSR can you ride that bus if you are staying at one of the hotels across the street? Would love to stay at the Hilton since it is the closest but that 24.95 resort fee sure jacks the price up.

The DTD construction is getting better. A pedestrian bridge as well as a parking garage bridge has recently been opened that helped with the traffic flow greatly. It is much easier to get around and park near DTD as of now. Depending on what side of DTD we are going to, we typically park at the Buena Vista Palace and just walk to DTD which is basically right across the street.

We have stayed at all the hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd. and have enjoyed each property. They are in order from nearest to furthest from DTD:

A Bus Side
Hilton
Holiday Inn
B Resort
Double Tree

B Bus Side
Buena Vista Palace
Wyndham LBV
Best Western

All hotels to my knowledge have resort fees and parking fees other than the Buena Vista Palace and Best Western has free parking options. Yes, the buses run on two routes, the A Bus and B Bus. From the above list, you can see the resorts each "line" picks up and drops off. They run every 30 minutes up to 90 minutes after the parks close for the day.

There is also a Downtown Disney bus after a certain hour (I forget when it starts) that runs to and from all the resorts on this road directly and only to DTD. Obviously you can walk from all of them, with the Hilton and Buena Vista Palace being the closest.

Hilton - $24 Resort Fee and $15 Self Park, per night

Holiday Inn – No Resort Fee and $12 Self Park, per night

B Resort - $20 Resort Fee and $16 Self Park, per night

Doubletree Suites – No Resort Fee and $17 Self Park, per night

Best Western LBV - $14 Resort Fee and No Parking Fee, per night

Wyndham LVB - $18 Resort Fee and $8 Self Park, per night

Buena Vista Palace* - $25 Resort Fee and No Parking Fee, per night

*Note that as of October 8th Buena Vista Palace will become a Hilton Brand hotel. I would expect a Parking Fee to be added and the lots secured, like the other two Hilton hotels, to keep non-guests from parking.

And some resorts will offer specials to waive fees occasionally. We have stayed at B without fees and going back again next month without fees.

I have stayed at the Hilton, Buena Vista and Wyndham. The Hilton was the easiest and quickest walk and I liked the actual hotel and pool area the most of those 3. I have gotten really good rates at the Buena Vista but it looks like since Hilton has taken it over that might not be the case anymore.

So BuenaVista is okay? The reviews hasn't been the best. Hoping the hilton has a price drop. If not may have to settle for the holiday inn.

So BuenaVista is okay? The reviews hasn't been the best. Hoping the hilton has a price drop. If not may have to settle for the holiday inn.

Not sure what you are seeing for Hilton but the lowest is usually hits is around $89-99 for specials. Plus the fees - $24 Resort Fee and $15 Self Park, per night. Will really depend on your dates.

I am currently staying at the DoubleTree Suites.

There is also a Downtown Disney bus after a certain hour (I forget when it starts) that runs to and from all the resorts on this road directly and only to DTD. Obviously you can walk from all of them, with the Hilton and Buena Vista Palace being the closest.

The Disney Springs bus runs from 6pm to 3am. It stops at all 7 hotels and drops you off down past the Cirque du Soleil theatre on the West Side. It's nice to have the option of taking it either to or from the hotel. That way, you aren't forced to walk both directions.

I have stayed at the Hilton, Buena Vista and Wyndham. The Hilton was the easiest and quickest walk and I liked the actual hotel and pool area the most of those 3. I have gotten really good rates at the Buena Vista but it looks like since Hilton has taken it over that might not be the case anymore.

The Buena Vista Palace just switched their reservations system this week. Now, whether you visit Hilton or the original BVP website, you end up on Hilton's booking engine. The resort fee has been eliminated and parking is still free. Rates seem to start at $99. Although that's more than what I've seen in the past, the lack of resort fee is a big perk.

Of course, everything is subject to change. It's entirely possible that the resort fee may return and that parking might come with a fee.

I dropped off a rental car at the Buena Vista Palace a few days back. I stopped by the Front Desk to ask about the renovation. The two women at the Front Desk were legitimately excited about the renovation. They said that once complete, the hotel will be vastly improved.

Unfortunately, the renovation won't be complete until 2017. I'd think twice about staying at this hotel right now. (I actually decided to cancel two reservations I had for November and December.) Here is a picture of what used to be the main pool. Apologies for the poor angle, but it was raining.

bvpalace-pooldestruction.jpg

The Buena Vista Palace just switched their reservations system this week. Now, whether you visit Hilton or the original BVP website, you end up on Hilton's booking engine. The resort fee has been eliminated and parking is still free. Rates seem to start at $99. Although that's more than what I've seen in the past, the lack of resort fee is a big perk.

Of course, everything is subject to change. It's entirely possible that the resort fee may return and that parking might come with a fee.

I dropped off a rental car at the Buena Vista Palace a few days back. I stopped by the Front Desk to ask about the renovation. The two women at the Front Desk were legitimately excited about the renovation. They said that once complete, the hotel will be vastly improved.

Unfortunately, the renovation won't be complete until 2017. I'd think twice about staying at this hotel right now. (I actually decided to cancel two reservations I had for November and December.) Here is a picture of what used to be the main pool. Apologies for the poor angle, but it was raining.

bvpalace-pooldestruction.jpg

I would imagine some great rates will be had during the major construction and until the hotel has construction free zones. So if that doesn't bother you, and it's only a bed, this could be a great option. But I imagine once done you are talking Hilton sized fees.

So the buses that run from the hotel to the parks does it have a stop at each individual park or just to the main transportation center and then you go to the parks from there?

It's almost always two parks per bus. I've seen different combinations, but most of the time one bus will go to Magic Kingdom (more accurately to the TTC) and then Animal Kingdom. A second bus will go to Epcot, then Hollywood Studios.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter