DSLR in parks

wingawh

Mouseketeer
Hi all

Can you tell me if you take your DSLR (Nikon D70 for me) in the parks each day? Do you take the camera bag? What do you do with it on rides, take it with you?

Thanks in advance!

Yup, I just put mine in its case and put in where ever the storage area is on the ride. Under the seat usually but on some rides I just hold on to it! The only ride that was a little uncomfortable was space mountain, my bag was to big to fit near my feet, so I just held it pressed down against the bar with no problems.

Do I take my D70 into the parks everyday? Nooooo. I just take it in when there is something specific I/we want to shoot. Each trip to WDW we will concentrate on a specific area, saving other areas for other trips.

We do carry the bag, but usually just have the one lens with us (the one on the camera), extra battery and memory.

We have taken it on rides, but usually the tame/dry ones :rotfl2: .

I don't use Nikon, but I use and bring my Canon dRebel wherever I go. The only difference is that sometimes I only bring the camera, sometimes I bring it with the battery grip. Always bring the camera bag and tripod, though.

Thanks everyone. We are heading to the World in May and plan on using the D70 everyday. We will be prepared with the bag and all the goodies.

I have a fanny pack that my camera fits in. It can hold 2 lenses and a flash as well as the camera body. In Disney I had it with me all the time.

Well I don't shoot digitol but I do shoot with an SLR. For me its a little different though. I usually pack my main camera bag with my 2 bodies, 3 lenses, flash, filters, film, small point and shoot camera, extra batteries, and jsut about anything else I can find. However, when I leave the room for the day I put only the equipment I am going to be useing on that trip into my small camera bag. And yes, I bring it everywhere.

Same here - I bring all the bells and whistles with me on vacation, but I only bring the camera body and 1 lens with me to the park.

I have taken my film SLR with me on numerous trips, and I bought a Canon Digital Rebel just before my most recent trip.

I don't carry a bag with me. I carry the camera on a wide, comfy cloth strap with a good walkaround lens (for my film camera I have a 28-200, for the digital I am currently using the 18-55 kit lens it came with but will upgrade soon).

In my pockets or hanging from my belt, I carry a spare memory card, my Speedlight flash unit, my IR remote shutter release, mini tripod, and a camera poncho made from a gallon-size Ziploc bag.

Not cvarrying a bag helps me to get through the park gates faster, but it also helps me to keep from carrying too much junk with me in the parks. If it can't fit in my pockets or on my belt, it doesn't go with me.

On most rides I can leave the camera on its strap around my neck and shoulder, but on a few I take it off and hang it between my feet.

Yes. I carry a D100 and either a) a flash or b) another lens - just depends. I use either a small photo backpack or a photo fanny/waist pack (Lowepro Sideline Shooter).

Only rarely will I not carry a camera in the parks. It goes on all the rides. On RnRC my leg goes through the strap. On SM it fits at my feet. Others I just hold it.

Get a case to protect it and take it along.

We take our Nikon D70 to the parks almost all the time. The only reason we would leave it is due to bad weather and we don't want to take a chance of getting it wet. We haven't had any problems with it on rides. We use the Lowepro Nova series bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter