DS Dining and Reservations

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
How easy is it to get walk-ins for early dinner (5:30ish) at places like Rainforest Cafe and Morimotos? We will be staying at SSR and I anticipate us walking to DS on several occasions for dinner.
Thank you!

We have been able to walk-up to many of the spots there but have not tried Rainforest. It always seems like such a zoo when we walk past so I'm not sure how many walk-up parties they seat. Though I think you can join Landry's club and get immediately seated?

All the other places seem to take walk-ups on a regular basis but you may have quite a wait. Don't discount grabbing a seat at the bar if the wait is long - just about all the spots have big bar areas with open seating and we've always had good experiences there.

A quick check on OpenTable showed no openings at Morimotos while the MDE showed plenty of openings at Rainforest.

Rainforest typically isn't an issue for walk ups. February is usually slower so you shouldn't have an issue.

I think it really depends on what time of year you're visiting and which restaurant you're trying for. It seems like Homecomin' and Boathouse are extremely booked so I doubt you'd be able to be a walkup there without a significant wait. Based on checking for my February trip, it seems like it wouldn't be an issue to be a walkup at many of the less popular locations, including Morimoto, Frontera, Raglan Road, Maria & Enzos, and Bongos. There are now so many restaurants at DS that it really disperses the crowds.

We did a walkup at Homecomin' in May. They could have sat us with a 10 minute wait or we could sit immediately at the bar...we picked the bar. Also did a walk up same trip at Raglan Road.

We did a walkup at Homecomin' in May. They could have sat us with a 10 minute wait or we could sit immediately at the bar...we picked the bar. Also did a walk up same trip at Raglan Road.

Homecomin' definitely leaves space for walk-ups, even when reservations are hard to snag. We have had very little wait there, even on Friday nights with parties of 6-8. And there is always room at the bar!

Good to know Raglan is similar!

If you're planning to go twice to Rainforest during your trip, sign up for the Landry's card. It's $25 but you get a $25 welcome credit and a $25 birthday credit (cannot be used in the same visit)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter