Drydock for Wonder - September 2019 - What's Being Renewed/Improved?

@finest14 , I only wish I knew more or could see inside. I will see her up close (on the nearby bike path) again on Friday and at least once on the weekend as well before she sails away. Funny thing, she will be back here two days later with passengers visiting Victoria as their port of call.

I hope you can report back here with photos and updates from the inside.

@finest14 , I only wish I knew more or could see inside. I will see her up close (on the nearby bike path) again on Friday and at least once on the weekend as well before she sails away. Funny thing, she will be back here two days later with passengers visiting Victoria as their port of call.

I hope you can report back here with photos and updates from the inside.

Hopefully someone on the first post dry dock sailing will give us an update on the changes before my sailing! If not, I'll try to get some pics and upload them before we leave San Diego.

Hopefully someone on the first post dry dock sailing will give us an update on the changes before my sailing! If not, I'll try to get some pics and upload them before we leave San Diego.

We're going to be on that first sailing. (We fly to the West Coast tomorrow! 😁) It will be our first time on one of the classic ships so I don't know what's changing beyond what they put in the press release, but if there are specific things you'd like me to photograph and post I'll probably be able to.

We're going to be on that first sailing. (We fly to the West Coast tomorrow! 😁) It will be our first time on one of the classic ships so I don't know what's changing beyond what they put in the press release, but if there are specific things you'd like me to photograph and post I'll probably be able to.
Have an amazing cruise. We love the Wonder and the crew has always made us feel welcome. Cant wait to see the updates

Thanks! I'm interested to see the new French Quarter Lounge if you happen to get pics of that. There is also a rumor they are adding on demand TV to the Wonder and would love to know if that was one of the upgrades. Enjoy your cruise!!

Don't worry about taking valuable vacation time for pictures...but a quick update on on-demand TV in the staterooms would be awesome :tigger:

Ask the CMs "What's New"?

More updates today. It looks like most of the major work has been finished up. There were fewer workers outside and all the tarps have been removed. She sets sail tomorrow afternoon. I hope we make it to the lagoon in time to watch her come out, collect the lifeboats, and sail onto Vancouver.

I had a laugh that my phone could see the DCL wifi but not connect.

There are some exciting updates. I cannot wait to see them all in May, though I won't get to see what's new in the suites unless there's a public post about them somewhere. NIx3J61WTX+UyEeCLtA8Wg.jpgfullsizeoutput_256b.jpeg6xFkRuemTaWuoKPZ5sj6PQ.jpg33+y9vEbR9qw9RwDJ%j2ew.jpg

Attachments

• fQ3MxMrCQG2pWeIz8QaoZg.jpg
    fQ3MxMrCQG2pWeIz8QaoZg.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 11

Please update us on here as to what you saw was improved
I'm really interested to know if they changed to on-demand movies in the SRs instead of the horrible loop system they had on the TV's.
Have a wonderful cruise.

One of the main things they did was convert more deck 8 rooms to cat V concierge, which means the decor had to change. Not sure what else other than on demand.

She's on the move!! Can't wait to see her on the Vancouver cruise cam for the next 36 hours or so :love:

Canada Place is full right now (three cruise ships in) so the Wonder seems to be hanging out off of Vancouver Island, probably waiting until later this afternoon when a berth will be free at Canada Place.

From your pics it looks like they have installed solid white partitions in the smoking area. They used to be clear and much shorter with a rail you could lean on. I'm pretty sure this will help a lot for the verandas directly under it. And hopefully it will help with the wind tunnel effect of the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter