Drydock for Wonder Sept 2023 - What's Being Renewed/Improved?

HockeyPuck

Earning My Ears
The Wonder goes into Drydock at the end of September '23 in Vancouver for 12 days before the Aus/NZ cruises. Does anyone have an idea what might get renewed, improved?

I am sure I have read it will update to the new wifi. Any thing else?

I’m curious about this - I was on it in June and honestly it was great, I can’t think of any hint glaring that needs improvement, so I’m curious if this will just be regular maintenance vs. major upgrades.

The Wonder is only in drydock for 2 weeks, so I doubt we will see any major changes (although I'm sailing in March 2024, so fingers crossed). I think we see major venue changes when the drydock is closer to 5-6 weeks.

The Wonder is only in drydock for 2 weeks, so I doubt we will see any major changes (although I'm sailing in March 2024, so fingers crossed). I think we see major venue changes when the drydock is closer to 5-6 weeks.
I believe the most recent Magic drydock was three weeks, and they completely changed over Promenade Lounge into Soul Cat Lounge... and added an Encanto experience.

But other than an Encanto (or other theme) experience, I'm not sure what the Wonder is currently lacking when compared to the Magic.

But other than an Encanto (or other theme) experience, I'm not sure what the Wonder is currently lacking when compared to the Magic.
And you don't need a dry dock for that, they just needed to bring the items on board.

Maybe they are going to do some engine/related upgrades for the long voyage. Also, doesn't the Wonder still have old internet?

Kindof nervous..was on Magic right after dry dock in San Juan and it was AWFUL…major plumbing and air conditioning problems…now, we are booked for Hawaii on the Wonder out of Vancouver and kindof nervous we will go thru this again. To say the Magic had minor problems after dry dock is not true…crossing my fingers we wont have these issues on the Wonder.

To say the Magic had minor problems after dry dock is not true…crossing my fingers we wont have these issues on the Wonder.
It wasn't just after the dry dock. I was on the last cruise before the dry dock a d there were some issues.

I would imagine it will finally get the upgraded internet that all the other ships have. That’s the biggest issue the Wonder currently has.

One thing I'd assume is adding the technology needed for the DisneyBand+ they seem to be rolling that out to all the ships. Not sure how much needs done in an actual dry dock versus can be done "on the fly". I'd assume we will see some retheming of places. Disney has been going through many spaces (cruises, disneyland, world, etc) and reimagining them usually with a new theme revolving around a movie. I.e. magic and soul recently.

Excited to post, perhaps old news by now, but the DCL website says the following "Eligible Guests on select sailings aboard the Disney Wish, Disney Fantasy, Disney Magic, Disney Dream and—starting with its March 19, 2024 voyage—the Disney Wonder are invited to purchase DisneyBand+!" So looks like DisneyBand+ was part of the dry dock or is at least happening before March 19th! I'm excited because we're planning a short Bahamian cruise on the Magic this year before sailing to Alaska in 2025 on the Wonder so buying the bands (for our family of 6) knowing we'll use them at least twice in a year makes me feel a little bit better about the added cost! I also hope the internet is upgraded for those who need it, I personally like to disconnect but I know many work still or otherwise need/want to be connected.

Excited to post, perhaps old news by now, but the DCL website says the following "Eligible Guests on select sailings aboard the Disney Wish, Disney Fantasy, Disney Magic, Disney Dream and—starting with its March 19, 2024 voyage—the Disney Wonder are invited to purchase DisneyBand+!" So looks like DisneyBand+ was part of the dry dock or is at least happening before March 19th! I'm excited because we're planning a short Bahamian cruise on the Magic this year before sailing to Alaska in 2025 on the Wonder so buying the bands (for our family of 6) knowing we'll use them at least twice in a year makes me feel a little bit better about the added cost! I also hope the internet is upgraded for those who need it, I personally like to disconnect but I know many work still or otherwise need/want to be connected.
the internet was upgraded - it's the same as the other ships now. Doesn't mean it's great. We were on the Wonder in December :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter