Dry scalp anyone?

Hopefully it works!

My dd has the large flakes and oily, so that is why I ask. That is a different type of dandruff. Basically it is "adult cradle cap" which is psoriasis.

Why was I thinking seborrheic dermatitis? That's what my son has but it's controlled with certain shampoos.

Why was I thinking seborrheic dermatitis? That's what my son has but it's controlled with certain shampoos.
Adult cradle cap is seborrheic dermatitis.

Psoriasis can also affect your scalp, but it's not adult cradle cap.

I too have dry scalp. I just tried adding a drop of tea tree oil to my shampoo and what a difference. No itchy scalp and my hair is very silky and smooth.

So in reading some of these responses, there's obviously different things going on.

If you have a dry, itchy scalp and moisture and oils help it, you've got traditional dry skin.

If you have a dry, itchy scalp and tea tree oil, medicated shampoos, etc. help, then you've got more of a "condition"--most likely a form of dermatitis due to the sebum on the scalp.

My scalp started itching last May due to some volumizing shampoo I started using. I guess it was just too drying. I started using Head & Shoulders for Dry Scalp and it stopped it in about 2 days.

Have you tried any home remedies? There are many natural products known to help, such as olive oil, aloe vera, avocado, lemon juice, vinegar, eggs, beer, etc. My sister has used mayonnaise, which sounds gross but worked well for her. You massage it into your scalp, leave it on and wear a shower cap for about 15-20 minutes before washing it out.

Another thing is when you wash your hair, use cool water instead of hot, and let it air dry without blow drying whenever you can. Also, drink lots of water, especially in winter, to keep your skin and whole body hydrated.

my daughter has psoriasis of the scalp.. I try and use her prescription meds as little as possible since they are steroids. The best OTC thing I found is called Cutar. I order if from amazon. It does wonders for her! I keep it on over night and then shampoo it in the morning. I also use it on my other kids itchy scalps. It does work! but its pretty expensive at 35$ for 6oz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter