Drowning in MagicBands!

Miss Frankie J

Mouseketeer

EDIT: Clearly I'm a Newbie baby as far as my collection goes! I'm impressed with how many other people have. It would be fun to see how many everyone has collected thus far!

The first time I got a Magicband was in 2015 for my onsite stay at Coronado Springs.
The second Magicband I got was the Haunted mansion LE in 2016.
I upgraded to an Annual passholder, and just received my AP free Band
And Just this week I bit the Bullet and decided on a 1 Night stay at AKL and am now able to receive another one for the room.

I went from staying offsite and never needing one, to having way too many! LOL This is just something I find very funny and I take this as a chance to collect different colors.

BUT Im wondering does it matter which one I use? only the Haunted mansion and Passholder bands are currently active and I havent gotten the new one with my future onsite stay yet. But would I need to use the band that is sent for my onsite reservation to use in AKL? or can any of the bands work since they are all attached to MDE?

Last edited:
The first time I got a Magicband was in 2015 for my onsite stay at Coronado Springs.
The second Magicband I got was the Haunted mansion LE in 2016.
I upgraded to an Annual passholder, and just received my AP free Band
And Just this week I bit the Bullet and decided on a 1 Night stay at AKL and am now able to receive another one for the room.

I went from staying offsite and never needing one, to having way too many! LOL This is just something I find very funny and I take this as a chance to collect different colors.

BUT Im wondering does it matter which one I use? only the Haunted mansion and Passholder bands are currently active and I havent gotten the new one with my future onsite stay yet. But would I need to use the band that is sent for my onsite reservation to use in AKL? or can any of the bands work since they are all attached to MDE?

When I saw your title I assumed you were filling buckets with them (and was jealous).

I have well over 25 and as long as they are active they can be used. Change with your outfits or park or mood. Now they do say if you have too many active it makes the system work harder to make them all open your room door .... so just de-activate which ever you are not taking.

Keep in mind that the long-range battery can die in the older ones. I think they last a few years. It will only affect things like ride photos and the new "Story Maker" elements. They can still be used for entry and FPs, basically anything at a tap point since that doesn't require a battery.

I used to have two of every color and it just got silly, so I deactivated the oldest of each color and threw them away (yes, gasp I threw them away). Now I have one of every color of the old type and two of the new puck type. I ordered a purple of the new type then got a carabiner on line and forgot to cancel the darn gray one until it shipped (split stay). So I took the gray puck and put it in the purple band and the purple puck went in the carabiner. The only time I used the band was going to the pool because my bathing suit doesn't have anywhere to clip the other one and I don't like leaving things lying on a chair. The cast members seemed to like us unclipping the other one and using it since it was easier to match up Mickey. I'm not sure if I'll get any more colors of the new type, it is kind of big on my arm.

We have so many from doing several split stays..we are thinking of linking them all together and using as garland on the Christmas tree :) I actually declined a set this time. Seems wasteful when we have so many in all the colors we want. It is fun getting them in the mail though!

After our usual either 9 or 10 day stay, my MB is only good for the garbage. Its just so dirty - and probably can't see most of the 'dirt' either - and just grosses me out. lol

When I saw your title I assumed you were filling buckets with them (and was jealous).

I have well over 25 and as long as they are active they can be used. Change with your outfits or park or mood. Now they do say if you have too many active it makes the system work harder to make them all open your room door .... so just de-activate which ever you are not taking.

HAHA Oh my goodness you do have so much more! I own a timeshare so I hardly stay onsite so for me this seems like a lot. I also wanted to purchase 3 LE bands the last time I was there and stopped myself from doing so.

I was thinking of just bringing 2, my Haunted mansion band and my Yellow Annual Passholder band since its bright for summer!

Here is a picture from in front of the train station December 2015
View attachment 228347

The boys decided to wear the four that they had each brought with them :)

This picture is amazing :teeth:

I have 27 or 28 and 3 more comping in the next week or two. I never think you can have enough
OH WOW thats all for just you? do you have LE ones or just plain bands?

Keep in mind that the long-range battery can die in the older ones. I think they last a few years. It will only affect things like ride photos and the new "Story Maker" elements. They can still be used for entry and FPs, basically anything at a tap point since that doesn't require a battery.
Right, which is why I think packing the AP 2.0 band with the Haunted Mansion one would be good. my first band is still in its arrival box as a memory to our first onsite stay!

I used to have two of every color and it just got silly, so I deactivated the oldest of each color and threw them away (yes, gasp I threw them away). Now I have one of every color of the old type and two of the new puck type. I ordered a purple of the new type then got a carabiner on line and forgot to cancel the darn gray one until it shipped (split stay). So I took the gray puck and put it in the purple band and the purple puck went in the carabiner. The only time I used the band was going to the pool because my bathing suit doesn't have anywhere to clip the other one and I don't like leaving things lying on a chair. The cast members seemed to like us unclipping the other one and using it since it was easier to match up Mickey. I'm not sure if I'll get any more colors of the new type, it is kind of big on my arm.

I can imagine if I had that many I would start to toss them out quickly as well. I feel silly for saying I'm drowning in bands when clearly I need to catch up to all of you! :D

We have so many from doing several split stays..we are thinking of linking them all together and using as garland on the Christmas tree :) I actually declined a set this time. Seems wasteful when we have so many in all the colors we want. It is fun getting them in the mail though!

So for split stays you get a band for each stay?? wow! thats how you can get so many. I'm a newbie to staying onsite so I just figured you get 1 band and it links up everything.

After our usual either 9 or 10 day stay, my MB is only good for the garbage. Its just so dirty - and probably can't see most of the 'dirt' either - and just grosses me out. lol

I always picked dark colors. My Haunted Mansion band I only wore in the parks since I stayed offsite so it didn't get too dirty. it kinda still looks new. my first band looks very worn since we stayed onsite and I wore it all day for 5 days.

We have all our old ones in a box. I'm working on designing some kind of contraption to display them on.
I need to find a box to store mine in along with my boyfriend and sister.

Hold up, if you are have an AP you can get free magic bands?!

Yes! you get a band once a passholder year i believe. so I got my AP in october and I was able to get a band as soon as I upgraded but didn't since I had my Haunted mansion one and the speculation of new bands coming out. so I customized my band early this year and they sent me a 2.0 one!

Yes! you get a band once a passholder year i believe. so I got my AP in october and I was able to get a band as soon as I upgraded but didn't since I had my Haunted mansion one and the speculation of new bands coming out. so I customized my band early this year and they sent me a 2.0 one!

How the heck did I miss this?! Do you remember how long it took to receive your bands? Wondering if I ordered them today, if I would receive them by April 21st...

How the heck did I miss this?! Do you remember how long it took to receive your bands? Wondering if I ordered them today, if I would receive them by April 21st...

I ordered mine and I felt like within 2 weeks it came. It was actually really fast. Same for when I ordered my first onsite stay MB. we booked a trip last minute and were leaving for SC in a week and it came in 3 days!

I ordered mine and I felt like within 2 weeks it came. It was actually really fast. Same for when I ordered my first onsite stay MB. we booked a trip last minute and were leaving for SC in a week and it came in 3 days!

Awesome! Another question for you then. You said you already had a MB linked to your account, what happens with pre-existing FPs if you suddenly link new MBs?

Awesome! Another question for you then. You said you already had a MB linked to your account, what happens with pre-existing FPs if you suddenly link new MBs?

Nothing at all I think. because before I had a MB I used the hard ticket for FP+ so your FP+ should be attached to the ticket. all active bands connected to the same person will have the same information I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter