Drone show at Disney Springs!

Wonder if a nightly how will continue after the new year too. That would be awesome for Disney Springs

Any rumors on when this will start and ballpark time for the show? Trying to finalize plans for a trip 3 weeks away.

I'm hoping that they want all this stuff (including ROL) up and running before the busy Thanksgiving time. That way when I'm there a couple weeks later I'll get to see it all. :)

Interesting... thanks for finding/posting.

So its 100 drones (not 500)... expected.
You can hear the drones at the end (buzzing).

My thoughts... good technology preview. You need 500 to get the resolution you need to look good. Shapes are very conceptual at this point. It will get mixed reviews... more of a water pageant experience than a wishes replacement with this first iteration. But this is what we expected it to be...

Interesting... thanks for finding/posting.

So its 100 drones (not 500)... expected.
You can hear the drones at the end (buzzing).

My thoughts... good technology preview. You need 500 to get the resolution you need to look good. Shapes are very conceptual at this point. It will get mixed reviews... more of a water pageant experience than a wishes replacement with this first iteration. But this is what we expected it to be...
I think you need to keep a few things in mind, the viewing location of this was from SSR across the lake so my guess is best locations will be at Disney Springs not SSR. I think that might help drown out some of the buzzing noise too being on the Disney Springs side vs. SSR side.

This is their first drone show, I am sure things will be improved upon over time.

I think you need to keep a few things in mind, the viewing location of this was from SSR across the lake so my guess is best locations will be at Disney Springs not SSR. I think that might help drown out some of the buzzing noise too being on the Disney Springs side vs. SSR side.

This is their first drone show, I am sure things will be improved upon over time.

If that is the case (SSR), then the drones are definitely closer to that side (which is promising - they are confident enough in the lights to have them on the SSR side of the lagoon). Agree that the site line/viewing will be better and the shapes probably more recognizable, however, I do think the 100 will be limiting. It will be much better when they get to higher density.

I do like that they brought in the lighting... overall nice extra for the Springs.

Also keep in mind this is a "free" show that doesn't require a park admission to view.

Trying to make complex images won't be the best, but moving patterns will work just fine I think.

We still don't know when this starts or how often it will run, correct? I imagine it'll be going at least by Black Friday though, wouldn't you think?

I watched the video but I'm sure it looks much better in real life. We arrive in 4 weeks so I hope it's up and running regularly by then! We were hoping for Rivers of Light but I've mourned that loss :(

• Holidays at Disney Springs: November 11-January 8
    • Snowflake & Toy Soldier Stilt Walkers Roaming throughout Disney Springs 6:00pm-10:00pm
    • Holiday Carolers in the Marketplace 6:00pm-10:00pm
    • Meet Santa at his Chalet in the Marketplace across from Ghirardelli 12:00pm-10:00pm(thru December 24)
    • Meet Santa Goofy at the Santa Chalet in the Marketplace across from Ghirardelli 12:00pm-10:00pm(December 25-30)
    • “Starbright” the new nighttime show at 7:00, 8:30 & 9:30pm starting November 16

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter