Droid Phone Apps?

RobertaMomof2

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. We are going to Disneyland this July and I just got a new Droid phone from Verizon. Wondering if any of the IPhone Apps are available with the Droid, or if anyone who has one of these types of phones has had any luck finding a good App. I know that Disney has put forth their own App, but from what I have read that one isnt available yet on the Droid phones (which is annoying and stupid at the same time to me).

Thanks so much everyone!

Hi everyone. We are going to Disneyland this July and I just got a new Droid phone from Verizon. Wondering if any of the IPhone Apps are available with the Droid, or if anyone who has one of these types of phones has had any luck finding a good App. I know that Disney has put forth their own App, but from what I have read that one isnt available yet on the Droid phones (which is annoying and stupid at the same time to me).

Thanks so much everyone!

I am sorry you feel it is annoying and stupid. The Droid is just now coming on the market, the iPhone has been out for years. The phones work completely different, so over time apps will come out for the droid just like they have for the iPhone. One of the hazzards of being a first adopter.

Jack

I have a Motorola Cliq which uses Android OS and I downloaded Ride Hopper from the Android Market. I haven't been to the parks yet with it so I don't know how accurate it is (I'm going in July also). It has ride waits for theme parks all over the US so it includes DL and DCA. If people don't update in the park then it just has estimates for those rides. It also tells you how long ago someone updated a wait time. It's free so you could just try it out if you wanted.

Thanks Peter, I will try again closer to July, maybe they will figure it all out by then. Glad you guys like the phone! I am hoping it will be great. Thanks!

Jack, that is what I get for being an early adopter for sure. The last time I had a new phone was 6 years ago. So didnt realize the technology hasnt been out long. I should have done more homework in retrospect before chosing that phone. Oh well, maybe by July it will be up and running with Mobile Magic.

I have a Motorola Cliq which uses Android OS and I downloaded Ride Hopper from the Android Market. I haven't been to the parks yet with it so I don't know how accurate it is (I'm going in July also). It has ride waits for theme parks all over the US so it includes DL and DCA. If people don't update in the park then it just has estimates for those rides. It also tells you how long ago someone updated a wait time. It's free so you could just try it out if you wanted.

Ohhh perfect thank you so much! Will check it out ASAP! I will be happy to upload wait times while I am there too. That is awesome. Thank you!

I don't have the Droid, but my friend does. She has at least the wait times app on her phone. I know her husband was looking into others.

DBF and I are both recent Droid users. We LOVE them! :goodvibes

So far, the only Disney app we could find was the ride hopper app, as mentioned above. At least when it comes to the free apps.

Sometimes I will just scroll through wait times to daydream of being in Disney...*sigh*

P.S. It will also give you wait times for most theme parks in all of the U.S., but from what I can tell, really only people at DLR and WDW update the wait times.

I was going to take my mom's phone with us in April. She is on the Verizon plan and has a droid. So there is no Magic Mobile App yet for this phone:scared1:

We do have TMOBILE- Sansung phone, can we just take our phones and add the web access to it?

Sorry this is all new to me with all this phone technology.

I too have the droid and have the app ride hopper but to be honest I didn't find it that accurate when I was there. I don't know if it was just those particular days, esp since it was SO crowded when I was there or what but the times were WAY off. People in the parks have to actually update the times and if they don't then it won't be accurate.

I too was hoping there would be more/better apps and really wanted the I-phone but my dh had to get Verizon for his job so we went with the droid. I do like the phone all except the battery life. Hopefully they will get better apps as the phone gets older.

Good luck and enjoy your trip! :)

Thanks.... I will keep my fingers crossed that they update soon. The screen shots look so cool, but if not I will just take our regular cell phones and not worry about having my mom's phone.

There is another app available in the Droid market by Touringplans called WDW Lines. The only drawback is you have to subscribe to the Touringplans website which is $9 a year. It looks pretty good and allows people to enter times throughout the day. I look forward to seeing how well it works in June.

There is another app available in the Droid market by Touringplans called WDW Lines. The only drawback is you have to subscribe to the Touringplans website which is $9 a year. It looks pretty good and allows people to enter times throughout the day. I look forward to seeing how well it works in June.

I am already signed up for Touringplas.:cool1: I will have to check this out.

Thanks!

I too am a droid user/lover. . the disney magic that is touted on the disney stuff does not work on the droid . . I tried. I had an LG envy and that wasn't working with the disney magic either, so i'm thinking not a lot of phones. what sucks is, I used to be able to get the show schedules for free on my navigator app, but obviously they took that away. . . grrr . . .

I, too, have added the WDW Lines app. I love my droid. I hope it works like I think it will. We are going in May.

ok found it, thanks! question, i see you can do the shows, has anyone done this inside the park> does it list the show times?

I, too, have added the WDW Lines app. I love my droid. I hope it works like I think it will. We are going in May.

Can one of you help me find this? I've searched the market for WDW Lines, Disney Lines (like touringplans website suggests), and just plain lines. I can not find it. Thanks!

Oh, and if you own one of the books, touringplans is half off. I paid $4.48 for a years sub. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter