Droid Depot, Porgs, and Galaxy's Edge questions. Y'all are my only hope!!!!!

muchaloha

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We are heading to DL in December and are looking forward to our time at Galaxy's Edge. I have a few questions about...everything! Any advice would be amazing!

1) We are hoping to get an slot at Droid Depot for our kids. How long should we look at being at Droid Depot for an appointment? Has anyone stored their droids there and picked them up at the end of the night? Are the droid backpacks worth it? How long should we allot for us to walk around Galaxy's Edge to let their droid interact with the environment? Any specific places we should definitely have them go to have the droid interact?

2) Porgs! Has anyone purchased a talking Porg and how much was it?

3) Ronto's Roaster...do you need a reservation for there? How was the food? Also, Oga's Cantina...about how long would you say to carve out for that if we do get a reservation?

4) Is it hard to get onto the Millennium Falcon for the tour? Also, how long does the tour take?

5) How long would you all carve out for exploring Galaxy's Edge (not including ride wait and times)?

Thanks so much everyone!

Hi all! We are heading to DL in December and are looking forward to our time at Galaxy's Edge. I have a few questions about...everything! Any advice would be amazing!

1) We are hoping to get an slot at Droid Depot for our kids. How long should we look at being at Droid Depot for an appointment? Has anyone stored their droids there and picked them up at the end of the night? Are the droid backpacks worth it? How long should we allot for us to walk around Galaxy's Edge to let their droid interact with the environment? Any specific places we should definitely have them go to have the droid interact?

2) Porgs! Has anyone purchased a talking Porg and how much was it?

3) Ronto's Roaster...do you need a reservation for there? How was the food? Also, Oga's Cantina...about how long would you say to carve out for that if we do get a reservation?

4) Is it hard to get onto the Millennium Falcon for the tour? Also, how long does the tour take?

5) How long would you all carve out for exploring Galaxy's Edge (not including ride wait and times)?

Thanks so much everyone!

1) Takes no more than 45 mins. Yes, they can store them for you. We didn't take time to interact around the land (adults with a mission....lol). Backpacks are nice for the added protection/foam inserts. If you get the XL lockers, they do fit in there.

2) Never bought a Porg - Sorry.

3) You can Mobile Order there (recommended). Oga's - carve out 45 mins. for a reservation if you get one.

4) I'm not aware of any "tour" of the Falcon.

5) 2-3 hours (not including ride times), depends on how entrenched your family is, in the Star Wars mythos. Make sure to do the PhotoPass MagicShots.

As an aside, there is a mini scavenger hunt that takes place there. There's a person at a table ACROSS the breezeway from the bathrooms. You can get the map there.

When my grandson built a droid several years ago it took less than 30 minutes.
Tagging on here - I would be interested in hearing more about the scavenger hunt. Is it fun and easy enough for an 8 year old? How long does it take?

1) 30 or so minutes. We didn’t store ours- we bought the backpacks so we could walk around with them and hear them interact. They were running some kind of backpack/personality chip deal.

2) I am all about the porgs. The small talking shoulder porg (known as “toddler porg”) is $24.99. The larger talking porg puppet was $44.99 when I bought it two years ago. Galaxy’s Edge also sells a “toy” plush porg for $17.99 at The Toydarian Toymaker. I’ve also gotten the non-talking shoulder porg ($19.99) and a more standard plush porg (I think ~$22) at Disney World in Disney Springs. They may or may mot still be around.

3) No reservation for Ronto’s. We stay at Oga’s for an hour, but we both drink and don’t have kids.

4) I don’t think this is a thing, but maybe I’m wrong. You could always wait in line to see the queue and exit right before the ride, I suppose.

5) As much time as you can stand! We would spend all day there, but we’re huge into Star Wars.

You might want to see if Galaxy's Edge has the Big Feet plush Porg in stock. It is simply the best and cutest plush Porg ever and is great for your kids to snuggle
Hope this advice helps Muchaloha
Dodger

You might want to see if Galaxy's Edge has the Big Feet plush Porg in stock. It is simply the best and cutest plush Porg ever and is great for your kids to snuggle
Hope this advice helps Muchaloha
Dodger
Definitely going to ask for that! I didn't even know it existed!! So fun!

1) 30 or so minutes. We didn’t store ours- we bought the backpacks so we could walk around with them and hear them interact. They were running some kind of backpack/personality chip deal.

2) I am all about the porgs. The small talking shoulder porg (known as “toddler porg”) is $24.99. The larger talking porg puppet was $44.99 when I bought it two years ago. Galaxy’s Edge also sells a “toy” plush porg for $17.99 at The Toydarian Toymaker. I’ve also gotten the non-talking shoulder porg ($19.99) and a more standard plush porg (I think ~$22) at Disney World in Disney Springs. They may or may mot still be around.

3) No reservation for Ronto’s. We stay at Oga’s for an hour, but we both drink and don’t have kids.

4) I don’t think this is a thing, but maybe I’m wrong. You could always wait in line to see the queue and exit right before the ride, I suppose.

5) As much time as you can stand! We would spend all day there, but we’re huge into Star Wars.
This is so very helpful @Kestryl !! Thank you! Random question...did you have to fly with your droid home? If so, did you pack in your suitcase or carry on the plane? Trying to figure how to get the little dude back safely! Ha!

This is so very helpful @Kestryl !! Thank you! Random question...did you have to fly with your droid home? If so, did you pack in your suitcase or carry on the plane? Trying to figure how to get the little dude back safely! Ha!
Ah, I did not. We drove for this trip. But I have heard that people have taken them as carry ons. TSA may want to give it a closer inspection. But just say “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.” That should speed it up. ;)

What’s the current story on the number of guests allowed with the builder?

I just checked and the reservation website clearly says two but I had heard they had limited it to one. Any recent experiences? Does the confirmation email say different?

What’s the current story on the number of guests allowed with the builder?

I just checked and the reservation website clearly says two but I had heard they had limited it to one. Any recent experiences? Does the confirmation email say different?
My confirmation email says 2 guests. I was surprised as I also thought only his Dad would go with my grandson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter