driving to WDW from N. Texas- any route or other advice?

momo4

Earning My Ears
I know this probably isn't the board for this, but here goes:
Does anyone know the best route to drive from Dallas/Ft. Worth area to WDW? We are actually leaving from Arlington( tomorrow-cough!!)
Any tips or advice would be much appreciated! Route or otherwise- driving with 13,12,10 and 6 yr olds!
Muchos gracias!!
:p :bounce:

We're driving this very route in late November. We take I-20 east out of Dallas, and we're on various interstates (I-49, I-10, I-75, I-4) until you enter WDW property. There are plenty of internet sites that will give you "from your door" driving directions, but if you're interested, I can email you the directions we've used in the past. It's not a bad drive at all. Have a great trip!

We live in Shreveport. We go I-49 to I-10 (at Lafayette), I-12 at Baton Rouge, back on I-10 at Slidell - then all the way to I-75 (80 miles east of Tallahassee). Then I-75 to the Floriday Tollway.

Or you can go I-20 to Jackson, MS, Hwy 49 to Hattiesburg, then 98 to Mobile. When you get to I-65 at Mobile, take that south to I-10. Again, stay on I-10 until you get to I-75.

They both are about the same distance for us. We like to stop at Daphne, AL, just east of Mobile (across the bay). There is a nice Comfort Suites and Hampton Inn there. That is about halfway for us.

We get up early the next day (about 6 or 7) and hit WDW about 1:30 or 2 PM. We have about 450 miles from Daphne.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter