Driving my husband crazy(er) - pre-trip planning for first WDW trip!! UPDATED 1/30/2017

Dang those our huge and.....UGLY. good thing you bought a band in November.

Exactly! We ended up taking apart the new magic bands (the ones assigned to me) and just have the magic pucks (as I call them) in a box in case they have the accessories available at the park when we get there. But there's a big difference in size in the bands, when you compare the one I got in November with the new one... even though the picture of the second one is closer in, you can see see the size difference. One looks normal on my wrist, and the other is HUGE.

0d80541438ccac896d247f83e4328a18.png
3958d236971c9d6a181cbda9a0df0388.png

Delta decided to change my flight number without telling me. Just logged in and saw the change. *sigh* I forwarded that info to my TA so she can update Disney. Thankfully she reassured me that the barcode on the ME luggage tags are for the resort, not the flight number, so the luggage tags are fine.

21 more days!

I had to remove my trip counter from my signature since it was stuck at 1 month and 3 days, since myvacationcountdown.com appears to be nonexistent now, and I'm too lazy to create another countdown.

You can use: http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/
Seems to be the same counter.
By the way. Hi! Love your avatar kitty, a tortoise shell?

If I could find a tracker where I could put in a custom start date so I didn't lose my history of how long I had been tracking, I'd create a new one, but I don't want it to look like I'm starting over... That would just be sad! Hahaha

Yes, the tortie in the picture is my Hana cat. :)

Joining in. OK, I am just going to say it. I think it is horrible that your parents took your siblings and their families to Disney and didn't invite you. Not all my children have gone on every trip but they know they are going on special trip with me.

I love POR. You are going to love it!!

Joining in. OK, I am just going to say it. I think it is horrible that your parents took your siblings and their families to Disney and didn't invite you. Not all my children have gone on every trip but they know they are going on special trip with me.

I love POR. You are going to love it!!

Thanks. If this was the first time this had happened, it wouldn't be as bad, but this was not the first family vacation that my stepmom specifically excluded us from. The sad part is that I have a feeling that she's telling my dad that were not interested in going, because he told me after the fact that he was sorry we weren't able to go with everyone. I replied that we would have loved to have gone, but we weren't invited. He didn't respond.

Ultimately, I think we'll have more fun with just the two of us, since we'll be able to do what we want to do, without worrying about others' plans or schedules. It'll be fun!

We're staying at POFQ, not POR, but we plan to walk over and check out the other resort.

Thanks!

In 9 days & 8 hours, I'll be heading to the airport! It's nice to be in the single digits!

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

I have officially hit the antsy time!

c460fda1ae0fcd37fd7d25bbe879295b.png

My current schedule:

January 23 (today): work 8:30am - 9pm. I just bought my 2 day Park-to-Park tickets for Universal, which were the last things I needed to actually buy.
January 24: work 8am - 9pm. Laundry.
January 25: work 8am - 4:30pm, then finish proofreading a book. More laundry.

127f7aa42ac5acf7d44beee4c538b8f5.png

January 26: Doctor appt, shopping, start editing a book.
January 27: Edit a book. Go to bank to take out spending money.
January 28: Finish editing the book... hopefully.

e738d3b3f44ba53a70a04ff53a4f06b9.png

January 29: work 11am - 7pm. Make sure I have everything ready to pack.
January 30: work 8:30am -9 pm. Start packing.
January 31: work 8am - 9pm. Finish packing! Try to sleep. Toss & turn all night. Have at least one panic attack. Snuggle my kitties. Drive my husband insane until he goes and sleeps in the living room.

14e1593402d65204556e996907c9db67.png

February 1: DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!

Shayana I hope the days go by fast for you. Enjoy your vacation I look forward to reading your TR.

Yay!! Time is going to fly.

I'm super jealous of your job - I love to edit and am a total grammar Nazi :D

I just found your trip report and excited for you.

We were bummed, but then decided that it was an opportunity to plan a trip for ourselves, where we could do what WE wanted and not have to worry about other people's plans or itineraries. Reading about Disney over the past six or so months and researching all of our options, I have completely fallen in love and can't wait to go!

I big bummer your stepmother did not invite you on the family trip = So, it sounds as if you are Cinderella in this tale and in spite of your Ugly Stepmother get to go to the ball with your Prince Charming by your side.

cinderella_disneyscreencaps_com_6140.jpg

Our trip is for eight nights starting Feb 1, 2017: the first night at CSR and the rest at POFQ.

I have stayed at both CSR and PORFQ and loved them both!

Magic Kingdom! ADRs at BOG for lunch. Lots of wandering around. Haunted Mansion is on my must-see list as well as the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse since that was one of my favorite movies growing up.

A great movie and a great WDW classic to see on your first trip.

Taking an uber to Universal Studios. Drag husband around Diagon Alley, buy an interactive wand, and look like a dork using it everywhere. Oh, yeah, look at other stuff around the park. Ride the Hogwarts Express at least twice.

My daughter and I are Potter fans and so when we go to WDW next time we are planning on spending two days at Universal too just so that we can experience all the Potter stuff. I plan to have her buy a wand too. Have a Wizardly World of FUN!

I just found your trip report and excited for you.
I big bummer your stepmother did not invite you on the family trip = So, it sounds as if you are Cinderella in this tale and in spite of your Ugly Stepmother get to go to the ball with your Prince Charming by your side.

Welcome!!

Hilariously enough, one of my nicknames in college was Cinderella of Sarcastica, Keeper of the StepWitch. None of my friends liked the StepMonster either! :D

I have stayed at both CSR and PORFQ and loved them both!

Yay! I'm glad I picked good hotels! Everyone seems to have great things to say about both CSR and POFQ so I'm excited.

My daughter and I are Potter fans and so when we go to WDW next time we are planning on spending two days at Universal too just so that we can experience all the Potter stuff. I plan to have her buy a wand too. Have a Wizardly World of FUN!

I'm more of a book girl for Harry Potter than movies, but I'm uber geeked. My hubby isn't much of a Harry Potter guy but he humors me. :D

Welcome!!

Hilariously enough, one of my nicknames in college was Cinderella of Sarcastica, Keeper of the StepWitch. None of my friends liked the StepMonster either! :D

Yay! I'm glad I picked good hotels! Everyone seems to have great things to say about both CSR and POFQ so I'm excited.

I'm more of a book girl for Harry Potter than movies, but I'm uber geeked. My hubby isn't much of a Harry Potter guy but he humors me. :D

Creative nickname!

My daughter and I both love the Harry Potter books more than the movies. In fact, I have only seen the four of the movies in the series. We did go to the theatre to see Fantastical Beasts on the big screen. I had not read the book before hand and found I really liked the movie. So, I will now need to read that book too.

I can't remember without going back to look, but if you don't have any definite dining plans for your arrival day, you may want to just eat at Pepper Market at CSR. When we stayed there we actually had several meals there because the food tasted good and you had a lot of great options for a quick service credit on the dining plan.
At the time we had a steak dinner with a baked potato for a quick service credit and their fajitas are another great choice for quick service credit. My son loved the burger he got at the bar grill by the pool.

In fact, I have only seen the four of the movies in the series. We did go to the theatre to see Fantastical Beasts on the big screen. I had not read the book before hand and found I really liked the movie. So, I will now need to read that book too.

I've only seen 4 of the movies, too!

The Fantastic Beasts book is more of a textbook... It's the book Newt is writing. It's interesting, because it goes over a lot of information about the different creatures. They also released a screenplay for the movie, but I'm pretending that doesn't exist. :D

I can't remember without going back to look, but if you don't have any definite dining plans for your arrival day, you may want to just eat at Pepper Market at CSR.

We're eating dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe that night, but we'll probably catch lunch at Pepper Market depending on when our plane gets in, or maybe a late snack after the fireworks if it's still open.

Updated Countdown!

I got a little behind with my editing/proofreading because my day job was slightly insane this week because we had a system outage, and than I had a migraine (I blame the people yelling at me during the system outage) but I'm not too badly off track!

January 23: work 8:30am - 9pm. I just bought my 2 day Park-to-Park tickets for Universal, which were the last things I needed to actually buy. - DONE!
January 24: work 8am - 9pm. Laundry. - DONE!
January 25: work 8am - 4:30pm then finish proofreading a book. More laundry. - DIDN'T FINISH PROOFREADING OR DO LAUNDRY. STUPID MIGRAINE.
January 26: Doctor appt, shopping start editing a book. - STILL PROOFREADING, SO I'LL START EDITING ON THE 27TH. NAPPED FOR 5 HOURS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY 'CAUSE I STILL HAVE A MIGRAINE.
January 27: Edit a book. Go to bank to take out spending money. - MADE IT TO THE BANK ON THE WAY TO SHOPPING, SO THAT'S DONE!
January 28: Finish editing the book... hopefully.
January 29: work 11am - 7pm. Make sure I have everything ready to pack.
January 30: work 8:30am -9 pm. Start packing.
January 31: work 8am - 9pm. Finish packing! Try to sleep. Toss & turn all night. Have at least one panic attack. Snuggle my kitties. Drive my husband insane until he goes and sleeps in the living room.

Oh... and btw. My original thread title was "Driving my husband crazy" but he commented that he's already crazy and urged me to add the "er" on the end a few days ago. Hahahahahaha.

Oh... and btw. My original thread title was "Driving my husband crazy" but he commented that he's already crazy and urged me to add the "er" on the end a few days ago. Hahahahahaha.

This is funny! Very cute!

I am sorry you had a bad migraine and extra stress at work with the system being off line. I hope this weekend and your last couple of days at work before your trip go much smoother.

May the force be with you as you crank through the last editing job before your trip to see the Mouse!

Almost There!

I'm mostly packed...everything except the toiletries. And even those are mostly packed. But the hairbrush, shaving gel, razor, and deodorant can't get packed until after I shower Wednesday morning. Everything else, though...

I still have odds & ends to pack and/or organize: medications, MagicBands (not getting packed, but yeah), lanyards, autograph book, sanity...

Scratch the last one. Why am I doing this one? Sanity doesn't exist!!

Currently, my suitcase weighs about 32lbs, and that's including the suitcase, and that's with 9 days of clothing! That's a rough estimate since I don't have an actual scale thingy for luggage, so I had to weigh myself holding my suitcase and subtract my actual weight. With the odds & ends and medications and toiletries, I estimate that it will weigh 40lbs. I have a 75lb allowance on the way there but only 50lbs on the way back, so I want to leave room in case we buy anything.

One bad thing. I realized that my sandals died. The back strap broke. So I only have one pair of shoes to take with me, so that's a little frightening. Normally I take extra shoes on trips like this, but I guess this time I'll just make sure to pack extra socks. I learned a long time ago, that even if you can't change your shoes, your feet feel SOOOO much better with clean socks.

My plane leaves in 35 hours. I have 8 hours of work tomorrow (I was supposed to have 12 but I took the morning off) and 41 pages left to edit in a book. A bonus to taking the morning off of work, however, is that I don't have to go into the office so I'll be working 12-9 from home and then crashing. I'll be using the morning to hopefully get through most of the editing and then hopefully I'll finish it on my lunch. The book has already been formatted and has margins, so 41 pages isn't as bad as it seems, but it's still a lot of work. I'd stay up late tonight and then sleep in, but that will completely throw me back onto a night-owl schedule and I'm trying to avoid that.

Wish me luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter