Driving from Pittsburgh, PA

tobin04

Mouseketeer
If you’ve driven from this area-where did you stop? Any route suggestions? Planning for a March trip. We’ve always flown but driving for the first time!

We drive from NYC and like to leave early morning, making one quick stop in Virginia - usually the Prince William County area - and continue to Florence, SC where we stop for the night. We head out early the next morning and arrive in Disney World late afternoon. We‘re not big fans of the drive all night method and prefer to break the trip out over two days. We take I95 the whole way until we get to I4.

We drive down from Baltimore. I've done both the one shot drive overnight (highly don't recommend) and stopping overnight. We like to stop in Georgia, which puts us at about 9ish hours of driving for the day, and around 4 hours from Disney. I'd pick a good mid point for yourself and find a nice hotel/food area to stop at that's not too far from I-95. Maybe somewhere in SC?

We drive down from Baltimore. I've done both the one shot drive overnight (highly don't recommend) and stopping overnight. We like to stop in Georgia, which puts us at about 9ish hours of driving for the day, and around 4 hours from Disney. I'd pick a good mid point for yourself and find a nice hotel/food area to stop at that's not too far from I-95. Maybe somewhere in SC?
We always say we will drive further the first day to Georgia but never seem to leave quite early enough. South Carolina always winds up being our stopping point which is about 9 hours.

We have done it several times from Ligonier. We usually take I 95, It's an easy drive! I'm not sure if you've ever visited St. Augustine but if time allows we always spend a day there. KIds love walking around the old town and the fort. Have a great trip. I wish we were heading to Florida in March. It's been quite a winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter