Driving from North. Best Route?

mbrown2097

Mouseketeer
Hey guys,
What is the best route to travel if driving down from the North? I will be taking I75 South to the Florida Pkway. Once on the parkway, I get confused as to the quickest path. 429? Vineland? I4? Thanks for any advice.

Yep, turnpike and follow the signs to WDW. Don't go all the way to I4, there will be signs to exit before that which will avoid Orlando proper.

How could I get to 429 if coming from 77 in Charlotte? I'm trying to avoid I4 if it's that bad.
Thanks!

Hey guys,
What is the best route to travel if driving down from the North? I will be taking I75 South to the Florida Pkway. Once on the parkway, I get confused as to the quickest path. 429? Vineland? I4? Thanks for any advice.

Turnpike to 429, get off at Western Way. That brings you onto Disney property from the west, near AK and All Stars.

How could I get to 429 if coming from 77 in Charlotte? I'm trying to avoid I4 if it's that bad.
Thanks!

The easiest way would still involve I-4. 77 to Columbia, 26 to 95, 95 to I-4, catch 417(toll road) near Sanford, which dumps out directly onto World Drive and into WDW. Although better is to get off 417 at exit 3, Osceola Parkway, which also runs directly into the park. Exit 6 is also an option but it's frequently congested. Depends on your resort. Using 417 is longer and you'll still have traffic to contend with but not the congestion created by the construction in the downtown area and beyond.

The easiest way would still involve I-4. 77 to Columbia, 26 to 95, 95 to I-4, catch 417(toll road) near Sanford, which dumps out directly onto World Drive and into WDW. Although better is to get off 417 at exit 3, Osceola Parkway, which also runs directly into the park. Exit 6 is also an option but it's frequently congested. Depends on your resort. Using 417 is longer and you'll still have traffic to contend with but not the congestion created by the construction in the downtown area and beyond.
Thanks for that info. I was looking at going down 95 and then cutting over, avoiding i4. I wasn't sure how far out of the way that was. We're staying at the poly. And unfortunately driving down on Daytona 500 day too.

Thanks for that info. I was looking at going down 95 and then cutting over, avoiding i4. I wasn't sure how far out of the way that was. We're staying at the poly. And unfortunately driving down on Daytona 500 day too.

Well, I suppose you could go down to 528 near Cape Canaveral but yeah that's way out of the way. As long as you come through during the race you should be OK. I wouldn't want to be in that area right before or after though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter