Driving from Chicagoland-hotels in Chattanooga?

Lisa_lvspplmvr

Mouseketeer
We are driving from Chicagoland to Disney . We have stayed in Chattanooga, TN at the Fairfield Inn and Suites/ Chattanooga Lookout Mountain I-24. It’s a decent hotel but was wondering if anyone knows of something new in the general area ? It’s about the halfway point for us so it’s pretty convenient. Any help would be appreciated!

We made the trip from Northern Indiana multiple times and Chattanooga was about half way for us, too. We've stayed near Hamilton Place mall in several hotels--Hilton Garden Inn, Embassy Suites, Aloft. Lots of restaurants and conveniences nearby.

There's a fairly new Hamtpon Inn adjacent to the parking lot of Hamilton Place Mall and a brand new Aloft by Marriott, probably been open 3, 4 months right in the parking lot of the mall. Never even understood why they'd built a hotel in the parking lot of the mall but they did

The issue can be accessing them. From 24 it's easier, you take 75 north and take the Hamilton Place Mall exit and it dumps you right there by them. Then you get right back on 75 South right where you got off. If you are coming from 75 going south it's harder to get to since you have to get off on Shallowford and work your way to the mall parking lot, through very congested roads

Good news is they've finished the redo of the 24/75 split so that flows much better than it used to, with much less slow down and accidents.

If you want to avoid back tracking even a few miles they've been adding a lot in East Ridge, on the East side of 75, where the Bass Pro Shop is, near Camp Jordan. I'd avoid anything on the West side personally. There's a pretty new Hampton Inn on the East side. Several new restaurants too.

My son moved to Chattanooga for work last Summer. He recommends hotels in East Ridge off of the last Tennessee exit on I-75 South just before reaching the Georgia line (the exit just after you get onto I-75 off of I-24). There is a Holiday Inn Express and a Hampton Inn that are highly recommended. On the route and convenient. There is a Chick Fil A and Starbucks off this exit as well near the hotels.

My son moved to Chattanooga for work last Summer. He recommends hotels in East Ridge off of the last Tennessee exit on I-75 South just before reaching the Georgia line (the exit just after you get onto I-75 off of I-24). There is a Holiday Inn Express and a Hampton Inn that are highly recommended. On the route and convenient. There is a Chick Fil A and Starbucks off this exit as well near the hotels.
If your son had lived in Chattanooga longer he'd know to be VERY careful around the East Ridge area. VERY, VERY careful.

I forgot one plug, which may or may not fit the needs of the OP. We're retired, so we can take our time going north and south. Last trip we stayed at The Edwin, a boutique hotel downtown on the river. Part of the Marriott Autograph Collection. Near Aquarium and museums. Very cool.

I forgot one plug, which may or may not fit the needs of the OP. We're retired, so we can take our time going north and south. Last trip we stayed at The Edwin, a boutique hotel downtown on the river. Part of the Marriott Autograph Collection. Near Aquarium and museums. Very cool.
Boutique hotels have taken over Chattanooga. Dwell, Edwin, Moxie down by the Choo Choo and, Kinley also near Choo Choo
Even the Westin which built in to the old BCBS headquarters

I defer to your knowledge of the hotel scene in Chattanooga, but I wanted the OP to be aware of a very cool property where she (and others) could stay and even use their Marriott Convoy points if they had a pile of same.

We are driving from Chicagoland to Disney . We have stayed in Chattanooga, TN at the Fairfield Inn and Suites/ Chattanooga Lookout Mountain I-24. It’s a decent hotel but was wondering if anyone knows of something new in the general area ? It’s about the halfway point for us so it’s pretty convenient. Any help would be appreciated!
Wondering where you ended up staying @Lisa_lvspplmvr . Looking for an overnight spot in Chattanooga - hopefully with a nice dinner and maybe a place to walk around after 8+ hours in the car.

Wondering where you ended up staying @Lisa_lvspplmvr . Looking for an overnight spot in Chattanooga - hopefully with a nice dinner and maybe a place to walk around after 8+ hours in the car.
You want someone downtown. There's no where else to just got out and walk around here. Just stay further away from I24. You want more towards the river, off of Highway 27. If you pick anything off Market, Broad, Chestnut area. West Village may be a term you see. Any of those are good. Downtown is nice and walkable, complete with a pedestrian bridge over the river. There are miles of trails all along the riverfront.

We stayed in East Ridge, TN on our way to WDW this past December. There was an amazing park within walking distance to our hotel (https://www.eastridgeparksandrec.com/page/show/2310367-camp-jordan) Great walking path there! We stayed at the Hampton Inn East Ridge and there were a couple of restaurants there as well.

We stayed in East Ridge, TN on our way to WDW this past December. There was an amazing park within walking distance to our hotel (https://www.eastridgeparksandrec.com/page/show/2310367-camp-jordan) Great walking path there! We stayed at the Hampton Inn East Ridge and there were a couple of restaurants there as well.
Anyone planning a stop to go to camp Jordan check the event schedule
they close the entire park for big events
I know there’s one called thrill fest coming up but not sure on dates
we went to the air balloon festival recently. You pay to get in anywhere for the big events that use the whole facility

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter