Driving 6000 Miles for the Magic: A Miracle Trip

Christamae-

Thank you so much for sharing your report. I am 23 and would love to have a friend with as good of an attitude as you! :thumbsup2 I'm so happy you were able to go on Soarin'- I love that ride, too! :cool1:

I know it was a lot of driving for you all- but what an adventure! I've always wanted to drive across the country like you did. I've only visited California once when I was 4, and I don't remember anything! I can't remember if you said...but have you been to Disneyland? I'd love to visit Disneyland if I get out there sometime. :banana:

I'm so happy you have shared your trip- and that, for the most part, you had a wonderful time! I worked at Disney in the spring (college program) and I am happy that you had mostly positive interactions with the cast members. :woohoo:

I had so much fun reading! Thanks again! :yay:

Erin

I truly enjoyed your whole report and as always... you finished it off beautifully!!! Thank you so much for your insight! I hope your wish comes true and you are able to go back sooner rather than later..... Don't be a stranger :)

Tanya

Christamae,
Thanks, for taking the time to write this report.
I loved traveling along with you on this wonderful journey.
Along the way I was entertained, and educated.
You know the song lyrics as well as I do, "A dream is a wish your heart makes"
Just keep dreaming and those wishes will come true.

Angie

Well I must say

kids-thank-you-cards-05.jpg

thank.jpg

To all of you wonderful people for all of your kind words, compliments, praise and encouragement.

Several of you have mentioned missing my writing and me, etc. Well I have an online journal that I update weekly. It isn't always as positive or interesting as this report-but you can keep up with yours truly. Just PM me and I will give you the address.

Now for the fun. I can't go on a trip or meet you. But I can send a representative. Dizpins has a traveling mickey going around. He recently came to me for a visit. The idea is along the lines of Flat Stanley. Basically you are the host and show the representative your life, take pictures, keep a journal, etc.

I was thinking my representative would be my small wish care bear since this trip was all about dreams. I will determine the visit time based on the interest.

Traveling Wish Bear

Rules:
1. Sign up in this thread, PM me your e-mail. I will make a list in the order people sign up. Then compile a list that will be on the inside of the journal. I will PM (or e-mail) the first person on the list.
2. After Wish Bear's time with you is over, you e-mail the person below you for their address and send her along.
3. Please do not exceed the visitation window by more then two days
4. Please make at least one journal entry and if possible picture.
5. The last person PMs or e-mails me for my address to send wish bear and the journal back.

I hope people sign up. Traveling Mickey was fun...

-Christamae

Enjoyed reading about your entire journey. What a wonderful idea to end your trip report with.

Christamae - I tried sending this to you via PM but I keep getting error messages, so here you go:

I have enjoyed reading your report ever since I read your first installment. Let me just say that you are a very interesting individual. I'm sure you've heard it before, buy you are inspirational as well as interesting. I wish you much success in life (I'm sure you'll do well in whatever you strive for) and I hope to read another report by you in the near future.

Shevys

Hi,
It was nice that you PM'd me to let me know you finished. I would have seen your last post, probably within this week sometime.

I also dream of another vacation to WDW, maybe someday, but that is what our dream is right?

Thanks for your journey.

Marisa

Thank you Christamae for calling me back! I got lost and have been found! LOL

Your trip report is amazing and inspiration! You can go back! I just know you will. And Happy Belated Birthday to you!

I'm glad to see you have stopped by our Wish Trippers thread as well. Your support will be invaluable!

Christamae, I didn't come to the TR sooner b/c somehow I couldn't bear for it to be over. (okay, pretending it's not happening didn't change it, but I tried) :o
I cannot express to you how much I enjoyed your TR, and it is amazing to be able to see things through your eyes. I will be visiting your journal whenever I need my attitude adjusted and sometimes just for fun. I hope you have been convinced of how many people care about you by :hug: ALL OF THESE POSTS:hug: and we'll look for you on DISabilities and the Wish Trippers thread.:surfweb:
Please sign me up for the Traveling Wish Bear, the magic continues...:grouphug:

Christamae,
I would love to be a part of the traveling Wish Bear. I will PM you my e-mail address. I sounds like fun, but I am computer challenged, so the posting of pictures kind of scares me. Although I look at this as just the push I needed to learn something new. Wish me luck, when my turn comes.:rotfl2:

Angie

thanks for the message Christamae!!
i actually had only read a few sections of your report, so now i read it from start to finish (for the past few hours - i couldn't 'put it down' so to speak)..

what a report! what a trip!

thanks for sharing it with us Christamae..

by the way, you are an outstanding writer!...

i am so sorry you encountered those rude and ignorant people during your trip, but it's so wonderful that you did encounter some really wonderful human beings.....some of the stories made me cry, just as i am now..
it's nice to know that there are some good people out there - in addition to those incredibly irritating ones...
(there are so many more of the obnoxious, thoughtless ones now at disney, i'm almost afraid to go back....)

oh, one more thing.....you and your family are incredible!!!
and your dad is unbelievable....you should all be so terribly proud of yourselves....
and thank you again for sharing your very inspiring trip with us Christamae!!

Just wanted to thank you for sharing your journey with us.

You're a wonderful writer :thumbsup2

Keep living those dreams :hug:

Hello everyone!

Once again thank you for your interest and praise and kindness.

To answer/clarify some Wish Bear questions.

Wish Bear is basically traveling to meet you. You are his host and kinda show him how you live and do things with him. And record them in the journal for me to read when he gets back. Just so I can do some virtual traveling. The journal would just be a spiral notebook that I send along for people to write in. The pictures (if you take them) would just be pasted in Word, cut out, and glued in the journal.

A list will be compiled of all the participants. After wish bears visit is over, you contact the person below your name for their address and send wish bear along. I am just trusting that wish bear will get sent along and return to me.

So far I have 7, maybe 8 interested participants. I will keep sign up open for another 2 weeks-until November 1. At that point I will make a list of everyone who signed up, determine when wish bear should leave and how long he should be with each person, and contact everyone that signed up.

Should be fun. It's fun to look at the journal.

Should I sign you up?

:),
Christamae

Chritamae! I'm so sad your trip report is over -- I LOVED reading it. You are an incredible writer! Your stories drew me in and let me relive your memories--the good, the bad, and the pixie-dusted--with you! :thumbsup2

Thank you for sharing your memories, your pixie dust, and your magic with us!! :hug: pixiedust:

Hello everyone!

Once again thank you for your interest and praise and kindness.

To answer/clarify some Wish Bear questions.

Wish Bear is basically traveling to meet you. You are his host and kinda show him how you live and do things with him. And record them in the journal for me to read when he gets back. Just so I can do some virtual traveling. The journal would just be a spiral notebook that I send along for people to write in. The pictures (if you take them) would just be pasted in Word, cut out, and glued in the journal.

A list will be compiled of all the participants. After wish bears visit is over, you contact the person below your name for their address and send wish bear along. I am just trusting that wish bear will get sent along and return to me.

So far I have 7, maybe 8 interested participants. I will keep sign up open for another 2 weeks-until November 1. At that point I will make a list of everyone who signed up, determine when wish bear should leave and how long he should be with each person, and contact everyone that signed up.

Should be fun. It's fun to look at the journal.

Should I sign you up?

:),
Christamae

Sign me up!:goodvibes

Okay, so far the following are signed up for a visit from wish bear.

tokyodisneydad
Momof2wCF
wdw1014
KathyRN137
Kimberly815
nts4wdw
FSUDisneyGirl
Goofyluver
DisneyCP2002
eyeheartgoofy

I am not sure when I will send him off, yet. Sign up continues until November 1st. Lynn (nts4wdw) offered to take him to wdw so send off might depend on that date.

I will PM further details after sign up is complete.

Any more takers? :wizard:

:goodvibes
Christamae

Okay, so far the following are signed up for a visit from wish bear.

tokyodisneydad
Momof2wCF
wdw1014
KathyRN137
Kimberly815
nts4wdw
FSUDisneyGirl
Goofyluver
DisneyCP2002
eyeheartgoofy

I am not sure when I will send him off, yet. Sign up continues until November 1st. Lynn (nts4wdw) offered to take him to wdw so send off might depend on that date.

I will PM further details after sign up is complete.

Any more takers? :wizard:

:goodvibes
Christamae

I'm in.

Christamae, Thank you!

Thank you for your precious trip report.
Thank you for your "can do" attitude:goodvibes .
Thank you for showing us what courage means.
Thank you for bearing gracefully with the ignorance of unthinking selfabsorbed people:sad2: .
Thank you for raising my conciousness that sometimes *I* am *them :guilty: .
Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

I'd like to sign up for the bear . . . and I'll be pm-ing you for the addy to your website. Thanks again, Christamae!

(Shevys, I think you have to have a certain number of posts before you're allowed to pm)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter