Drive from Yosemite to Disneyland

czmom

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at the Wawona our last night in Yosemite, and leaving from there to head to Anaheim. It will be on a Sunday so hopefully traffic won't be too bad. Mapquest has it as 5.5 hours, so I am counting on 7 hours with stops to be safe.

Looks like we take 99 through Fresno and Bakersfield, and then merge onto I-5. Are there any places worth stopping on the way? I am not wanting to get too far off the path, but recommendations for stops are appreciated!

I grew up in the San Joaquin Valley. What time of year will you be traveling? If it's in the summer, you have to stop somewhere to get some fresh produce. When I was visiting family last year, we went to J & K Farley Farms in Kingsburg. We got an avocado crate full of produce for $19. The peaches reminded me what I missed most about California. http://www.upickgrapes.com/

Last edited:

Is there anything you have in mind that you really want to see on the way down? Are you wanting places to eat or just places to see to stretch your legs? I travel the 99 quite a bit.

Is there anything you have in mind that you really want to see on the way down? Are you wanting places to eat or just places to see to stretch your legs? I travel the 99 quite a bit.

Ideally we would like to make it down as quickly as possible, but in reality will need to stop a few times to stretch out legs. I just don't want to miss anything and wish we would have known about it.

Per say there really is nothing great to speak of to visit. Harris Ranch is good. 99 is a stretch where you can see somethings from the freeway. Highway 5 is a long stretch of nothing. You can always stop at the rest stops and get out and walk around. I wish there was something more to visit for you.

I think you should skip Harris Ranch. It's a steak place. It's fine, but when I think of tourism in California, I don't think "OH! I have to go to Harris Ranch." In other words, if driving down 99 to I-5 is more convenient, then do that. Don't go out of your way to go to Harris Ranch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter