Drive from SNA to Magic Mountain

RJLechner

Mouseketeer
I am looking up flights for our September trip. I can save $50 a person if I fly into SNA (Orange County/John Way) instead of flying into Burbank. My DH and I fly in Friday night (around 9PM) and plan to go to Magic Mountain Saturday and Sunday. I am wondering how bad the drive would be. According to Google maps, it's 74 miles and 1 hour 21 min. I would assume at that time, traffic would be minimal, but I know we're talking about LA area...what's minimal traffic???? Can I really make this trip in less than 1.5 hours? Is it worth saving $100 to make the drive??? (We're renting a car regardless). The return flight won't be a problem as we spending the rest of the week in Disneyland so SNA is actually our preferred airport for our return flight. TIA.

I think you can make it in 1.5 hours in light-normal traffic.

It takes me 45 mins - an hour to get there, and I live about 20 minutes north of the SNA airport.

Thanks for the information. 90 min drive vs. $100...I think I'll take the drive. I can use the $100 to buy more Disney stuff at Disneyland!! :)

depending on where you're coming from you might want to check fares to long beach (LGB). it's a little closer to MM while still very close and convenient to DL.

Thanks for the suggestion. I quickly checked online but sadly there aren't any non-stop flights to LGB from our home town. Thanks again

If you are looking for a hotel at MM go with the Embassy Suites. It is very close and you can see the park from certain rooms and the parking lot. It has a nice pool in the middle of the complex and of course free drinks from 5:30-7:30 plus appetizers and a very good breakfast. I think we ended up paying around $100 a night..........after drinks and meals I think I about broke even.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter