• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Drive from Anaheim to Palm Springs

knik

Mouseketeer
What would be the best time in the morning to start our drive from Anaheim to Palm Springs to avoid major traffic delays?? Google maps sayss drive time is between 1.5 hours and 3.5hours which is a HUGE difference!! With 2 little ones, obviously we would want the short time in the car... Any advice is most welcome!

Traffic is horrible there and I sure dont miss it. I would have to say maybe about 9 in the morning as by then most people are at work. But that may also depend upon are driving during the week? or the weekend? Just please take enough water as the dessert gets really hot that way. Hope this helps. Have a great trip. Jo

Anytime after 2 pm the drive is pretty bad. Friday is the worst as everyone is heading out of town and that is one of the main roads out. But I don't think it has ever taken me more than 2.5 hours even on a Friday. If you go in the morning you will be travelling against the main traffic so then it will only take 1.5 to get there. As far water, sure that's a good suggestion, but its not exactly the boonies anymore - seems like there are a million restaurants along the way.

Thanks!! We're planning to leave on a Friday morning, so will go with 9am hopefully! Should give us some time to stop at the outlet mall outside PS and make it there just after lunch.... yeah!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter