• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Drinking water...Sam's Choice!

MaryAnnDVC

"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
Was in WalMart today and happen to notice Sam's Choice beverages...Clear American and Burst. I have such a hard time choking down water sometimes, and usually I don't like flavored waters because they have weak flavors. But I figured I'd try these. I bought 8 different flavors (1 liter bottles; 58 cents/bottle)...

Clear American Sparkling Flavored Beverages:
Mango Peach
Blackberry Apple
Black Cherry
Strawberry Banana
Tropical

Burst Extreme Fruit Flavor Sparkling Beverages:
Sour Watermelon
Ruby Red Grapefruit
Cider Apple

They have 0 everything...no calories, fat, sodium, carbs.

They DO have a preservative and phenylalanine, if you have a problem with either of those. (FYI, info about phenylalanine:
http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0NAH/1_29/54062657/p1/article.jhtml )

So far, I've only tried the Ruby Red Grapefruit and Mango Peach, and really like them both! DS(8 ) tried the Grapefruit, and really liked it.

Just wanted to pass the info along.

Just want to point out some more information...

I guess that the Phenylalanine is from the Aspartame; I was just reading the Atkin's Diet website, and he advises against using aspartame:

Aspartame: An artificial sweetener composed of two amino acids (phenylalanine and aspartic acid) that tastes 160 to 220 times sweeter than sugar. Aspartame, which is marketed as NutraSweet(r) and Equal(r), provides 4 calories per gram, but because so little is necessary, its contribution to calorie content is negligible. Atkins does not endorse the use of aspartame because of potential concerns about certain health issues.

That was from the Rules of Induction:
http://atkinscenter.com/dev/Archive/2001/12/15-325810.html

I see that many people here are doing Atkins, so I wanted to pass this info along to you too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter