drinking around worldshoecase

Kentucky bourbon barrel ale from Block & Hans in America. However, if you’re truly drinking around the world I consider a margarita from Mexico the reward. I like avocado from La Cave del Tequila. Disclaimer: I have never drunk around the world, but I did accompany my adult kids when they did it. I had one or two, then celebrated at the end in Mexico :drinking1

Can't pick one.

La Cava del Tequila Blood Orange Margarita
Les Vins des Chefs de France Grand Marnier Slushie
Rose and Crown Black and Tan
Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar Under the Tuscan Sun Wine Flight

Can't pick one.

La Cava del Tequila Blood Orange Margarita
Les Vins des Chefs de France Grand Marnier Slushie
Rose and Crown Black and Tan
Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar Under the Tuscan Sun Wine Flight
Depends on the weather. Summer than the margarita or slushy. Fall or winter definitely the black and tan :)

Gets me thinking that the two best drinks, and my favorites, the cucumber margarita from La Choza in Mexico and Grand Mariner slushy in France, are on opposite ends of the park for a reason. We have to be tempted by so much else as we go around the world in search of these two!

I almost always get a Vodka Slushy in France and do always get a Pimms Cup at the Rose & Crown. Schofferhoffer in Germany is also a favorite (you must like a fruity beer as this is ALL fruit)

Ok I am just going to give you what I drank

Connections: Sunset Margarita 3.5/5
Space 220 Lounge: Command Center 4/5
Choza de Margarita: Blood Orange 3/5 (no, I was not going in and dealing with La Cava)
Norway Cart: I cannot remember what one it was, but it was just one of the 2 Nordic beers on offer at the cart. 5/5
Joe of Tea: Honey Hibiscus Hard Iced Tea 0/5. I couldn't even drink half of these. Gave it to one of the mates I was with because they couldn't finish their Tipsy Duck in Love. Honestly China was the worst by a country mile.
African Outpost: Kinda cheated here and got one of the F&W offerings because the Watermelon lager sounded good. 4/5
Sommerfest: Warsteiner Dunkel, this was a 4.5/5 on taste but 0/5 on enjoyment. It was far too heavy for how hot it was. A heavy beer plus pretzels was a bit much when reelfeel was in the 110s.
Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar: Just had a peroni and shared the tagliere. After the heaviness of Germany, Italy was just a nice air conditioned relaxer.
Fife & Drum: Frozen Red Stag Lemonade. Was beered out and was very hot. This was 5/5 for what was needed but 2.5/5 for value and flavour
Kabuki Cafe: Kirin. Went back to the beer, its kirin 3/5. Did not want anything sweet. Was 5 hours in, did not want more sugar at this point.
Oasis: Frozen Mint Tea, 1/5 just barely beat China
Les Vins des Chefs de France: I had wine, I do not remember which one. And looking at the menu is not helping. It was red. I was too drunk* to care if it was good or bad.
UK Beer Cart: We were rushing to make an ADR, so beer at the cart it was. I had Harp, it was Harp. Draft Harp is better than bottle/can Harp. 3.5/5
Le Cellier: Yes we ended this with an actual meal, at Le Cellier. My first drink was Blanche de Chambly. It was delightful as always. My companions decided to be funny and get moosehead, labatt blue and molson. And then take the mickey out of my how bad Canadian beer is (I'm Canadaian, they were Australian). I have the bill somewhere still, between food and drunks 8 people ran up a massive tab. Had a Canadian waiter too, so that was fun. He brought out moose mousse for us at the end of the meal. Was adorable. This was a near 10 hour odyssey of drinking and eating.

Biggest tip is either go with universally all beer. Or limit the amount of sweet drinks you go for. Also if you really want to be reasonable. One drink for 2 people.

We also started at Guardians because I was staying at Pop and they were at Caribbean Beach. Ending at Canada meant for an excellent and easy exit strategy.

*We had 2 non-drunk people with us to make sure we were safe and not stupid so please no shaming comments.

Last edited:
Beverages have changed over the years and our aging stomach's can be annoyingly bothersome but the countries we always gravitate are:
Wine Drinker: France, America Fess Parker, Italy
Beer Drinker: Britain, America Yuengling, Germany/Norway, Mexico Amber Dos Equi, Canadian LaBatt on tap

If we're heading back to the room I will indulge in a Mexico's LaCava Marguerita because it sends me into twilight (stomach can't handle the pre-mix/frozen stuff outside). I understand Rose 'n Crown is changing out their wine selection. We love Rose 'n Crown but the last few years I've had mixers there or Coffee with Frangelico. They do make a good spicy Bloody Mary. Germany beers have become hit or miss. We're not big on sweet drinks so no slushies or Limoncello for us.

Start out by saying - I'm old and drinking less than I used to. (I am also usually solo.) I like darker beers, so usually get something in Germany and England. I don't like wine when it's hot out, so probably won't have much at Epcot in Aug/Sept.

However, there is a berry mimosa at F&W I may try, and probably the Sangria flight at the Spain booth. Being old I am also getting cheap and the prices of the F&W sample size drinks are high. Other F&W possibilities - cape codder at Coastal Eats (vodka, cranberry, pomegranate, and lime) and black lager in Brazil.

My favorite these days is an iced coffee from the Joffrey carts with Baileys and Kahlua. (Not a margarita fan either)

If you're drinking around the World Shoecase, you may have already had too much. 😉 🤣

A way to celebrate making it all the way around the lake could be to have a shoey.

1692636012273.png

Would have to be quite a bit drunk to go with one after all that walking in the summer temperatures though...

Only attempted once, didnt go in prepared, was a bit too tipsy about 3/4 way around so bowed out. But stuck to just beers, as spirits are too varied so thought may mix in a bad way.

Any attempt at DATW without a Grand Marnier slushy at the France kiosk is a complete FAIL! :earboy2:

Ok I am just going to give you what I drank

Connections: Sunset Margarita 3.5/5
Space 220 Lounge: Command Center 4/5
Choza de Margarita: Blood Orange 3/5 (no, I was not going in and dealing with La Cava)
Norway Cart: I cannot remember what one it was, but it was just one of the 2 Nordic beers on offer at the cart. 5/5
Joe of Tea: Honey Hibiscus Hard Iced Tea 0/5. I couldn't even drink half of these. Gave it to one of the mates I was with because they couldn't finish their Tipsy Duck in Love. Honestly China was the worst by a country mile.
African Outpost: Kinda cheated here and got one of the F&W offerings because the Watermelon lager sounded good. 4/5
Sommerfest: Warsteiner Dunkel, this was a 4.5/5 on taste but 0/5 on enjoyment. It was far too heavy for how hot it was. A heavy beer plus pretzels was a bit much when reelfeel was in the 110s.
Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar: Just had a peroni and shared the tagliere. After the heaviness of Germany, Italy was just a nice air conditioned relaxer.
Fife & Drum: Frozen Red Stag Lemonade. Was beered out and was very hot. This was 5/5 for what was needed but 2.5/5 for value and flavour
Kabuki Cafe: Kirin. Went back to the beer, its kirin 3/5. Did not want anything sweet. Was 5 hours in, did not want more sugar at this point.
Oasis: Frozen Mint Tea, 1/5 just barely beat China
Les Vins des Chefs de France: I had wine, I do not remember which one. And looking at the menu is not helping. It was red. I was too drunk* to care if it was good or bad.
UK Beer Cart: We were rushing to make an ADR, so beer at the cart it was. I had Harp, it was Harp. Draft Harp is better than bottle/can Harp. 3.5/5
Le Cellier: Yes we ended this with an actual meal, at Le Cellier. My first drink was Blanche de Chambly. It was delightful as always. My companions decided to be funny and get moosehead, labatt blue and molson. And then take the mickey out of my how bad Canadian beer is (I'm Canadaian, they were Australian). I have the bill somewhere still, between food and drunks 8 people ran up a massive tab. Had a Canadian waiter too, so that was fun. He brought out moose mousse for us at the end of the meal. Was adorable. This was a near 10 hour odyssey of drinking and eating.

Biggest tip is either go with universally all beer. Or limit the amount of sweet drinks you go for. Also if you really want to be reasonable. One drink for 2 people.

We also started at Guardians because I was staying at Pop and they were at Caribbean Beach. Ending at Canada meant for an excellent and easy exit strategy.

*We had 2 non-drunk people with us to make sure we were safe and not stupid so please no shaming comments.
I'm impressed! I'm a lightweight - even I drank half of each of those in 10 hours, you would have found me asleep on a bench in the middle of the park!

In all seriousness, I really struggling with solo drinking around the world - as much as I want to, without the friends to waste time with and share drinks, I just can't spread it out enough to not end up feeling like crappy drunk too early and ruining my day.

So - there was some great advice in the prior posters post
1) take friends
2) take your time
3) eat food
4) consider splitting drinks
5) take someone staying purposefully reasonably sober to make sure you don't do something stupid!

Too many fun choices to try them all! I just pick one thing new each trip!

Tempted to do it. But going solo with no check-and-balance so to speak... and not a young man anymore... I couldnt do it all in a single day nor would I want to. Way too much alcohol unless I were to buy a whole drink but only consume part of it. Fortunately, its monorail to and from epcot if I need to head back in the middle of the day for a couple hours to chill and get some of that alcohol out of my system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter