Drink Station Etiquette

mschaber

Earning My Ears
New to cruising - and have booked for October 2014.

I know there are drink stations on DCL. Are you to purchase a refillable mug, like at WDW, or do they have disposable cups? Anyone able to shed some light on this most important question?:)

New to cruising - and have booked for October 2014. I know there are drink stations on DCL. Are you to purchase a refillable mug, like at WDW, or do they have disposable cups? Anyone able to shed some light on this most important question?:)

Disposable cups.

New to cruising - and have booked for October 2014.

I know there are drink stations on DCL. Are you to purchase a refillable mug, like at WDW, or do they have disposable cups? Anyone able to shed some light on this most important question?:)

Another option is to bring your own cup from home (not glass). Then do as follows:

1. Go to the drink station with your cup in hand.
2. Fill one of the disposable cups provided by DCL at the drink station.
3. Pour the contents of cup into your cup.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until your cup is full.

You do not want to fill your cup directly from the drink station so as not to share your germs with others on the ship. (Same is true with the disposable cups. You do not want to re-use them.)

HTH,
Dreams

Another option is to bring your own cup from home (not glass). Then do as follows:

You do not want to fill your cup directly from the drink station so as not to share your germs with others on the ship. (Same is true with the disposable cups. You do not want to re-use them.)

HTH,
Dreams

Thank you for that - super helpful!

We did a land and sea and got the refillable mugs at while at WDW. Since we had them on the ship with us,we used those. The lid was the only part our mouth touched, but the lid had to be removed in order to fill the cup, so it never touched the dispenser. We never got any complaints, just a ton of "ooo...that's a smart idea". The mugs kept our sodas cold, coffee hot and the lid helped the little ones from spilling. Another positive to the mugs is less paper waste by not using the paper cups.

Just curious, as I haven't seen the information anywhere, is Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb available at the drink stations? How about lemonade?

Just curious, as I haven't seen the information anywhere, is Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb available at the drink stations? How about lemonade?

I do believe that Dr. pepper and Lemonade are available. Mr. Pin I don' t recall.

Only Coke Products but they do not have Power Aide. I would say cups are about 12 ounces.

I will add last year in front of me boarding was a Mom and her two daughters. They were taking a 12 pack of Pepsi. No problems.

Here is a You Tube video of the beverage station

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ZHUrVUld8

I use it in by hobby to do all types of how to videos. We watched one on a Cruise someone did on Magic before our first cruise. It was great, in that answered so many questions. The video has been removed but when we walked on ship knew exactly were and what we needed to do and how to get their. If your first cruise go to you tube and search Disney Fantasy or Dream. Hope you have a couple of weeks to watch them all.

We usually buy a Tervis mug on each cruise and use that. No Dr.Pepper or Mr Pibb

We did a land and sea and got the refillable mugs at while at WDW. Since we had them on the ship with us,we used those. The lid was the only part our mouth touched, but the lid had to be removed in order to fill the cup, so it never touched the dispenser. We never got any complaints, just a ton of "ooo...that's a smart idea". The mugs kept our sodas cold, coffee hot and the lid helped the little ones from spilling. Another positive to the mugs is less paper waste by not using the paper cups.

I still won't do this -- I think they have a sign asking to fill with the disposable cups. Would rather be safe than sorry.

Disney Dreams said:

HTH,
Dreams

I don't get this. How does holding my cup under the dispenser transfer germs? Nothing touches.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

I suspect this is in answer to those that hold their cup so close that the dispenser is submerged as the drink fills.

I don't get this. How does holding my cup under the dispenser transfer germs? Nothing touches.

There is a difference between the drink dispensers on the Magic/Wonder and the Dream/Fantasy. On the classics there is a bar you press your cup against to dispense, thus resusing mugs/cups could transfer germs to the next person. The new ships have the push button dispenser and as you said it wouldn't transfer germs so long as the mug/cup never touches the nozzle.

Mr.Pibb? I've never heard of such a drink. I dont believe we have this in Canada? :confused3

So im guessing since Fantasy is new, they'll have the push button dispenser for pop. Which means, the cup doesnt touch anything when you refill it. In this case, i'll be definitely bringing a mug from home and refilling that instead of using the paper cups.
There is a difference between the drink dispensers on the Magic/Wonder and the Dream/Fantasy. On the classics there is a bar you press your cup against to dispense, thus resusing mugs/cups could transfer germs to the next person. The new ships have the push button dispenser and as you said it wouldn't transfer germs so long as the mug/cup never touches the nozzle.

CurtisB said:

The classic ships no longer have the bar, they have the push button.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter