• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Drink of the Day

We got a glass beer mug on our last night on board, should we have gotten a glass drink of the day glass as well?

We got a glass beer mug on our last night on board, should we have gotten a glass drink of the day glass as well?
The beer mugs are glass, the drink of the glasses are plastic. Both can be reused during the cruise and can be brought onto a next cruises and reused.

This is the one I have. I bought it on The Magic in 2022 and brought it on The Dream in August 2023. It was switched out for a new one, same design on The Dream.

View attachment 810452
Forgive my ignorance, but if you purchase the souvenir glass and then later hand it to the server when ordering subsequent drinks, is there a discount on the price of the subsequent drinks? If so, is there a limit as to how many times you can use it in a single day or on a single cruise? Does it apply only to "drink of the day"?

Forgive my ignorance, but if you purchase the souvenir glass and then later hand it to the server when ordering subsequent drinks, is there a discount on the price of the subsequent drinks? If so, is there a limit as to how many times you can use it in a single day or on a single cruise? Does it apply only to "drink of the day"?
No discount, but the souvenir glass is slightly bigger than a regular glass, so you get a bit more liquid than just in a regular glass. When you hand in the glass to a bartender its for the drink of the day only. But I guess if you wanted to, you could order a drink and then pour it from the glass into your souvenir glass.

No limit to how or where you can use the souvenir glass.

So my understanding has always been, if you give them the souvenir glass back you get 'extra' but no actual $ discount. I also think they'll only put the drink of the day in it.

I've kind of gotten away from doing it after I handed them a dirty glass once (because previously they'd always washed it or given me a clean glass) and they just refilled it. So if I would do it again, I'd probably make sure I washed the glass first just in case!

So my understanding has always been, if you give them the souvenir glass back you get 'extra' but no actual $ discount. I also think they'll only put the drink of the day in it.

I've kind of gotten away from doing it after I handed them a dirty glass once (because previously they'd always washed it or given me a clean glass) and they just refilled it. So if I would do it again, I'd probably make sure I washed the glass first just in case!
Good tip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter