Drink carrier recommendations

Minnie368

DIS Veteran
I read a thread a while back on drink carriers for toting drinks around the ship and some folks had posted links to some that looked pretty handy. Of course I can’t find it now. Any suggestions?

We got one from ChickFilA and covered it in Mickey duck tape. It folds down flat and travels well. I will mention that we did not use it last week while on the Magic. My girls are now 17 and 13, so I wasn’t carrying drinks back to our room for our family like I did when they were younger.

Do the cups at the drink stations have lids? Just wondering because that would definitely help reduce spills when using a drink carrier.

we made the investment in purchasing Tervis tumblers for everyone. They're larger therefore not as many trips up the steps to the pool deck for a soda fountain. They also fit better in the Chick-fil-A drink carrier than the little small pint size cups that DCL provides

I would guess most fast food places offer cardboard drink carriers, we like the ones from Sonic. Covering it in duct or package tape will make it more durable.

we made the investment in purchasing Tervis tumblers for everyone. They're larger therefore not as many trips up the steps to the pool deck for a soda fountain. They also fit better in the Chick-fil-A drink carrier than the little small pint size cups that DCL provides
Great idea! That way you don't waste all of those paper cups.

MUN

That’s a great idea. Do they let you fill your own cup directly from the drink stations? I know some places won’t let you for sanitary reasons. I guess you could just fill the disposable cup and then pour it into yours.

I really regretted not taking my Tervis this time. We had gotten some big personalized cups in our last FE and took those. Mine cracked night one so I was left with the small drink cups. It was ok for poolside, but for bringing back drinks to the room it was really not enough on CC day and Disney day.

That’s a great idea. Do they let you fill your own cup directly from the drink stations? I know some places won’t let you for sanitary reasons. I guess you could just fill the disposable cup and then pour it into yours.

Well, you're *supposed* to use the little paper cups to fill the tumbler, but I may forget to do that on occasion as it seems so wasteful. No CM has mentioned it to us as of yet on our 6 cruises on all 4 ships.

Last edited:
Well, you're *supposed* to use the little paper cups to fill the tumbler, but I may forget to do that on occasion as it seems so wasteful. No CM has mentioned it to us as of yet.

I have seen them stop people from putting personal cups or bottles up to the spout. So it all depends. You can use the same paper cup to fill the container you have which is likely larger - it's not like one cup per dump. Just help to keep germs from spreading all around.

That’s a great idea. Do they let you fill your own cup directly from the drink stations?
The answer is yes. There is a sign suggesting you use a paper cup, but I have never seen that enforced.

It's been a few years since I have been to a WDW resort. How does it work at the drink stations in the cafeterias?

At WDW they have chips in the cups now so you have to scan yours so they can tell its active and that you paid this trip ( you can't bring back an old cup) even the paper cups have chips in them. On the ships you should and are supposed to use a disposable cup to refill your reusable one to cut down on germs. Germs and sicknesses spread easier on ships than at WDW. Just like at the restaurants on board they give you hand wipes, they don't do that at the parks and resorts.

Do they still have the cardboard straws at the drink stations? Those are kinda weird but they work.

Do they still have the cardboard straws at the drink stations? Those are kinda weird but they work.

No, they are plastic. I wish they would use the paper ones as the plastic ones can fly off the boat so easily. And, then sea animals try to eat them.

We use Contigo mugs. They work for coffee runs and cold beverages. Plus have locking lids. I am usually carrying a backpack with bottle holsters built in for just that purpose of multi tasking with drinks and food.

These are all helpful suggestions. I’m thinking we may be eating some of our meals in our room or on the veranda. Can you get take out containers at Cabanas or do you just have to stack plates?

These are all helpful suggestions. I’m thinking we may be eating some of our meals in our room or on the veranda. Can you get take out containers at Cabanas or do you just have to stack plates?

Plates. There are no "to go" containers on the ships because there is no way to store the food at proper temperature and no way to reheat.

There is no charge for most items on the room service menu. They do have hot food items for lunch and dinner but not the full meals from the dining room. Unfortunately there is a charge for soft drinks. But coffee, tea and juice are included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter